GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post

Jacqson I'm not sure why you had trouble with the K&N filter. K&N makes a very high quality product and filters very well as long as you clean and re-oil it properly.
    I've never had that much luck with K&N (And I've cleaned and re-oiled them properly). Years ago when K&N were the only kids on the block with a washable, high flow filter they were great, but engine intake technology has changed, however K&N, at least IMHO, hasn't. Carburetors have a good tolerance for a little dust or dirt going in to the system but the new intake systems on vehicles nowadays, especially diesels, have almost zero tolerance for any kind of impurities in the intake air.
    Here's the way I look at it: If I get a film of oily dust from a K&N filter on my old DD gas engine, what kind of pollutants would I get using this filter on my Dmax, which flows a ton more air? I now use an S&B CAI on my Dmax and have had up to this point, no fine dust or pollutants on the Turbo mouthpiece of the engine.
    Some guys like and have/had good luck with K&N and I can appreciate that, to each his own, however, I'm just not one of them.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

I understand. I have been debating whether or not to get a stock replacement air filter from them. I have no intentions to get rid of my factory air box and I'm tired of the regular ones that are very restrictive and cost $20 per filter. A K&N costs $68 so that's three filters and it has a 1,000,000 mile warranty.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by barefoot greg View Post
    @Pikey

What are some good companies making Dual electric fans?

- - - Updated - - -

@ PIKEY
    What are some good companies making Dual electric Fans for the gm trucks?
    By being electric I assume that they do not run off of the serpentine belt, would this change the length of belt needed or is the fan attatched to a pulley that still gets used for another purpose?
    The belt would stay the same. You just unscrew the pully driven fan from the pully. It is the water pump pully and is the same if you have electric fans or the clutch fan. I have not installed them on mine. It came with them from the factory, so I really have no idea what brand is good. Search the forum, I know someone did a switch to efans recently. They did a complete writeup

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

okay thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    no one knows?... I don't want to waste the throttle body spacer, and i would really like to have both, to hear that thing whistle.
    You do realize that the whistling is caused by air drag, which actually reduces effiency and power... Not to open a discussion, just sayin'.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Cant wait to see what some of these crooks/companies come up with when the 2014 trucks come on the market with DI. There is no fuel in the intake or head just the combustion chamber. Bet they will still sell the TBS to some uninformed.
    TBS only work on wet intake systems PFI & DI are dry.

Everything I have read is that throttle body spacers are a waste of time on more modern intakes.

On the electric fan, get a fbody dual fan from a 4th gen (lt or ls) then go to nelson performance online, they have a relay kit with factory connectors for gm fans. It pins into the ecu and controls both temp and ac fans. You will need to get the ecu flashed to turn the pin on but is the cleanest, most reliable way.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123