GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wanted. K&N filter

I have a 87 Suburban 350 TBI and I'm currently looking for a K&N air filter to replace the thole stick air filter setup. If anyone has one for sale or know's a reputable website I can get one for a pretty cheap price, then let me know. Also, I'm considering purchasing headers for this truck but I'm not sure what's the "GOOD," ones so some 1 plz school me.

Hmm I'm not sure where you can find one for cheap, but I've heard if you flip the air filter cover upside down, you might see some benefits in power...
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Quote Originally Posted by burbanguy View Post
    I have a 87 Suburban 350 TBI and I'm currently looking for a K&N air filter to replace the thole stick air filter setup. If anyone has one for sale or know's a reputable website I can get one for a pretty cheap price, then let me know. Also, I'm considering purchasing headers for this truck but I'm not sure what's the "GOOD," ones so some 1 plz school me.
    Im not sure when you say filter if you mean just the filter part or a cold air intake kit

If you are wanting a flter check out the new HPR filters from Spectre they show the same flow as the K&N but cost much less! One for your truck is about $25 and now they have a rebate of $10 so you could have one of these in your ride for $15!!!!

You can get it local from Advance Auto or order online from summit or jegs.

I got one for each of my rigs and it really made a difference, here is the write up about mine on here

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...hlight=spectre
    Last edited by Dr_Zero; 05-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Not a K&N but I've found their product to be just as good, and he's a sponsoring vendor on here.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19789

so are you looking for a whole intake? or just the filter? I actually have the old K&N filter from my 95 350. it may fit your truck but im not sure. take a pic of your intake and the filter if you can. If its the right one i can send it out to ya for cheap
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Thanks for the feedback guys and sorry I wasn't clear on what I was looking for. I was meaning the cold air intake kit, like basically I want to replace that whole black carb cover looking thing with a performance one

Elizabeth city NC , originaly from chesapeake VA

Quote Originally Posted by burbanguy View Post
    Not sure that you can get a k&n air cleaner setup for cheap, unless you get it used, i bought the edelbrock aircleaner with the paper filter for $30 then later dropped $59 on the 14x4 k&n filter all from autozone, the one mentioned a couple posts ago is comprable to the K&N and cost alot less though. As far as headers go , JBA has a solid line of headers , i use the shorties on mine. heres a look at the air cleaner setup on my 1990 suburban
    Life's short... Drive hard!:sign0011:

1990 GMC Suburban 4x4 w/ jasper 355
    6" Skyjacker suspension lift w/ Interco Trxus sts 36 14.5s
    on Mickey Thompson classic rims, Edelbrock
    intake, K&N 14 x 4 filter, JBA shortys
    Magnaflow exhaust, Pioneer system with
    Dual 12 inch subs... The list goes on!