GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New wheels

those will work fine for wheel locks, i actually prefer the spline look

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

those look good dude. i want to see em on a truck tho haha

Legend
    Blog Entries

Okay now that I see them you won't need the wheel locks, BUT this is just some friendly advice from past experience I have had with lug nuts like that. When I bought my truck it had a special deep well tool like what the picture shows for yours, when I took the truck back to the Chevy dealer to have the tires rotated they used a 1/2 inch impact to get them off. Since most shops are always in a hurry to get the vehicles in and out, the idiot's actually stripped one of my lug nuts till it was rounded off! Lucky for me I always mark the inside of my tires LF, LR, RR, RF when I went to pick up the truck I got under it and looked and found that they hadn't rotated one of the tires. I got down and looked at the wheel and saw what they had done, I had a hell of a time getting that off too because of the deepwell design. My dad had to use an industrial 1" impact on it, and basically what he did was basically split the lug nut right down the middle and break it just to get it off there. Just something to think about when you choose wheels like that, not every one is going to take good care of them like you are. Someday you will have to take it in for something, whether it's an alignment or balance or rotation, or maybe some drive axle work it could happen.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Thanks for the info on the lug nuts. I just had the wheels put on yesterday. When I got home I discovered a problem when I went to re torque them. The lugs on the front passenger side wheel are flush with the wheel like they should be. The other three wheels the lugs are a half inch recessed in the wheel. Ends up they sent me three wheels with 5.5" back space these are correct and one wheel with 6" back space incorrect wheel. But the deal is they sent all 1.5" lugs, they are right for the 6" back space wheel not the 5.5" back space wheel. Long story short they are sending me a replacement 5.5" back space wheel and a set of 2" lug nuts.

I was surprised the tire shop didn't notice it.

Wheels look good. I will try and get some pics this weekend. Will look even better when the lugs all match up.

Blog Entries

Those are sweet!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12