GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Blog Entries

My dad has been begging me to go to Las Vegas actually, because he wants to cruise all the junk yards out west for old car parts. He wants to drive there with our 24' foot enclosed trailer and the Silverado, and pile it up with as many 57', 66' chevy parts that he can find and complete some of our projects at the house. We were actually in Florida a few years back for the Mecum auction and car show, my dad was too pre occupied with the show to worry about going to junk yards!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    My dad has been begging me to go to Las Vegas actually, because he wants to cruise all the junk yards out west for old car parts. He wants to drive there with our 24' foot enclosed trailer and the Silverado, and pile it up with as many 57', 66' chevy parts that he can find and complete some of our projects at the house. We were actually in Florida a few years back for the Mecum auction and car show, my dad was too pre occupied with the show to worry about going to junk yards!
    I will keep an eye out for ya, guys find cars out in the woods quite a bit around there

When I went to Alabama on a vacation I scheduled my trip around the times the yards would be open so I could look for old Ford F-100 parts

I still have some original steel door panels and some other odds and ends in the shed I need to get rid of if anyone has a F-100.

I used to have a long bed and short bed F-100 sold them both for $800 to a friend both has 9 inch rear ends and the long bed had the 2 piece drive shaft intact and both ran oh well such is life.

Steve theres a Chevy yard in Haltom city on Elliot Reeder rd that has a few Trailblazers as of 2 wks ago and a Pick & Pull in Grand Prairie off loop 12 near the old drag strip. Pick & Pull's inventory changes fast and I havent been there for a few months so I dont know if they have a Trailblazer but their website should have a list.

I brought my 5yr old grandaughter to the Recycle yard a few months ago, she wanted to bring every car home with us.

when i had my trailblazer i had wayyy too much weight in the back and pretty much had no steering, well i swerved and clipped a construction barrel with the passenger mirror. it shattered. the "stealership" wanted $160 for one and the local body shop wanted $140 for an aftermarket one. i called the local junkyard and they got me one in brand new condition for $60. it was a pretty good deal in my opinion seeing as i saved $100
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12