GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Corvette Servo

Default Corvette Servo

Has anyone ever installed this on the 4l60E transmission. Just wondering I heard that it is the best bang for buck tranny upgrade there is, at only 15.00 it is very tempting.
    www.myspace.com/teamimageracing
    www.myspace.com/brotherspolish

2002 Silverado
    5.3L
    Corvette Servo
    Spectre Air Intake
    MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires
    AC Delco Iridium Plugs
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    Alpine Head Unit
    Next Mods
    2" Lowering Shackles
    Loud Mouth Grill
    :gasp:

I havent but i am interesed in doing it.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Blog Entries

Have heard that it really firms up the shifting. Just be careful installing it, I have seen pictures of cracks around the servo after which leads to leaks and tranny swaps.

Here is an install thread from another chevy forum

http://s-series.org/component/option...m,6/task,item/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corvette servo.jpg  
    Last edited by bry2500; 04-10-2009 at 02:37 AM.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bzboardco View Post
    Has anyone ever installed this on the 4l60E transmission. Just wondering I heard that it is the best bang for buck tranny upgrade there is, at only 15.00 it is very tempting.
    Installing the Corvette servo can firm up a sloppy shifting 1-2 on a 4L60 but if your transmission shifts good then adding this servo may make it shift too hard. I have installed lots of 700 - 4L60 servos and it's pretty straight forward. The biggest problem is not the servo but the exhaust pipe or the tunnel of the vehicle blocking the access to R&R of the servo.
    Once the pipe is out of the way it's just a matter of removing the round snap ring and the servo will come out in several pieces. One trick is once the snap ring is removed is to grab the o-ring with a pick and pull it down where you can cut it. Once it's cut it will pull out of the groove and release the cover. Sometimes this rubber o-ring gets stuck in the snap ring groove and makes the cover difficult to remove.
    And one last thing. Don't be surprised if your truck or S-10 already has an 096 "corvette" servo. Many vehicles other than Corvettes used this servo and many transmission rebuilders add this during a rebuild.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiee View Post
    Installing the Corvette servo can firm up a sloppy shifting 1-2 on a 4L60 but if your transmission shifts good then adding this servo may make it shift too hard. I have installed lots of 700 - 4L60 servos and it's pretty straight forward. The biggest problem is not the servo but the exhaust pipe or the tunnel of the vehicle blocking the access to R&R of the servo.
    Once the pipe is out of the way it's just a matter of removing the round snap ring and the servo will come out in several pieces. One trick is once the snap ring is removed is to grab the o-ring with a pick and pull it down where you can cut it. Once it's cut it will pull out of the groove and release the cover. Sometimes this rubber o-ring gets stuck in the snap ring groove and makes the cover difficult to remove.
    And one last thing. Don't be surprised if your truck or S-10 already has an 096 "corvette" servo. Many vehicles other than Corvettes used this servo and many transmission rebuilders add this during a rebuild.
    Man thanks for the info! I know my truck doesn't have one I have owned since it was new and with no prior tranny work. I don't have any shifting problems but just want to make it funner to drive... I will be putting in the Trans-GO 4L60E HD2 shift kit and will prob do this mod in conjunction with the shift kit

2002 Silverado
    5.3L
    Corvette Servo
    Spectre Air Intake
    AC Delco Iridium Plugs
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    Alpine Head Unit
    Next Mods
    2" Lowering Shackles
    Loud Mouth Grill

Well installed the corvette servo. It did firm up my shifts but you really have to GET ON IT for it to be noticed. For 20.00 with shipping included it is not bad. I will still prob get a shift kit though and install it along with the servo. Basic hand tools and patience is what is needed to get the job done

2002 Silverado
    5.3L
    Corvette Servo
    Spectre Air Intake
    AC Delco Iridium Plugs
    Flowmaster 40 Series
    Alpine Head Unit
    Next Mods
    2" Lowering Shackles
    Loud Mouth Grill

Quote Originally Posted by bzboardco View Post
    One thing no one talks about is the pin length for the Corvette servo.It is about 1/6 longer so it will apply pressure to the band sooner.I have in my tranny and it made a big differance...31 Ford

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I know a lot of guys on the Avalanche forms have done it and been happy..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X