GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by 1_low_rider View Post
    i knew i wasnt the only one in this place with a low low chevy. funny story, i coach a boys 13yr old baseball team and we use the local city park to hold our practices. they have just recently installed double speedbumps all through the park to slow people down as they drive through. i normally have to use the employee access driveway on the far side of the park just to get in so i can avoid these bumps. as i arrived at the beginning noone was at the park besides us so i went around all the speed bumps and into the far side of the park no problem. later, after we ended our practice the park had completely filled with people and they parked along the sides of the road forcing me to go over the speed bumps to get out. well i grinded over the first set without TOOOO much snag, drove off the road completely and went around the second set, zigzagged in and out of parked cars to dodge the next set, and then saw the final set of speed bumps and there was no possible way to go around them. so i slowly began over the bumps and made it over with my front wheels, but as i eased up my crossmember hung up on the speed bump. i had to flag down some kids playing basketball across the parking lot to come over and hop up and down in my bed just to shake the truck loose and drive away. lets just say for a few min. there i was the life of the party for the entire park, and i dont find that embarasing at all because they laugh behind my back but all want to be seen riding in my truck any other time. anywho that was my latest adventure, just thought id share.
    I got hung up too once on a raised manhole cover, they were repaving the road. I thought my head came unattached from my body. Scared the heck out of me

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Heres my 90 S10. lowered 4/4 with drop blocks and spindles. never been hung right up in it, but i do scrape my exhaust often. i would love to hear what that sounds like to someone walking down the sidewalk.
    Last edited by kawasaki_kid; 07-10-2009 at 09:53 PM.

Cool any lowriders or underconstruction projects

My wifes 05 Trailblazer has 1.5/3 inch Belltech lowering with 20in Helos and 275/45-20 Brigstones. If I ever figuire out how to post pictices I will.

I was going to make more of a project out of mine. Was thinking of bagging it and then even lowering it more. After i got the wheels on it didnt look low enough. But I had to keep reminding myself I bought the truck to do work stuff with it. While having it bagged i could still do tons of stuff I just couldnt bring my self to cut up a brand new truck with a warrenty. Something I have never had before.

2008 Chevy Silverado WT for sale
    All black with DJM 4/7 drop sold
    Factory Navi for sale
    22inch Escalade wheels sold

This is my shop truck in my sig pic. I decided to make this one draw attention rather than having a "run of the mill" version like the last one, and it does that rather nicely. There's a few more pics in my Album if you're interested.

2009 Crew Cab Colorado
    Lowered 3" front and back
    Xenon body kit (sides only) with stock bumpers
    Snug Fit smooth side cap
    Custom paint
    Custom powder coated Boss 20" rims
    Toyo tires

Sr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

Default 01 silverado

i have an 01 silverado xcab witht eh suicide doors... 4.8 shackles ont he back to even it out, shaved tailgate, steel rollpan, clear corners, makin a custom grille now, have a 7 indash tv.. (fun as heck) bedcover tinted window... and a few other nick nacks being made...

AVID SCRAPING THE COAST FAN!

Blog Entries

soon to be bagged. on some real black rims lol i made those on paint

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Default My 1967 Toy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bed Liner matched to paint.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	20844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finished at last.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	20845This is my way over due project. Finally decided to do something with it so here we go. As soon as I'm allowed to post pics, I will post the rebuilding progess. I started with another 1967, that has sat in my garage for 10 yrs, but it had the wrong box on it & needed a bunch of body parts fixed &/or replaced. I bought it for $500. In those 10 yrs, I only replaced the engine & trans. It now has a 1988 350 with a 700 trans in it. Went to the Warren swap meet with the intent of picking up a correct box. There I met a person that showed me a pic of a identical truck that looked great in the pics. We drove over & it was better than the pics,BUT it was a rolling chasis. He wanted $1,000 for it, so I got it for $850 & it has a 307 Chevy in the bed of it. I bought a CPP Grand Slam to go from drums to disk for the front end that included a 2 1/2" drop for the front & a 4" for the rear. It will be put in this week. We will be replacing the windshield & some other things on it & I also got some "Boyd" wheels & tires to go on it. It is painted 2010 F--d Mustang Blue.
    Howard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New truck 2.jpg   My 67 C10 LWB.jpg   My Boyd Coddington Smoothie II wheels & 235 50R 17 Kumbo tires.jpg  
    Last edited by howard_m18; 09-13-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: adding info

Heres a pic of my little project, its a 1993 got DJM 3" spindles and a 4" hanger kit 454 with a 4l80e

Duallyman

Sr. Apprentice
    Blog Entries

Default 95 gmc

here it is looks like 3/4 drop and it has a 6.5 turbo diesel in it... it is my albums wasnt able to post it