GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 51 to 60 of 86
  1. #51

    Default

    2007 Silverado Classic 2500 HD crew cab w/ 6.0L
    Average is around 13.5-14
    So many toys and so little time........
    2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD Crew 4X4
    2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
    2007 United Low Hauler
    1995 Chev Suburban K1500
    1994 Cobalt 200
    1988 Camaro IROC-Z

  2. #52

    Default

    this is a wonderful thread!

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  3. #53
    Legend

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Goldie- 26.9- very good!
    What sort of speeds do you average?
    I'm guessing that 4.3 can get 26.9 at about 50-60 mph or so? My 5.7 Suburban gets maybe 21 mpg at 60 mph- roughly 25 mpg at 50 mph.
    My suspicion is the latest 5.3 can get 25 mpg at 55-60 mph.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

    199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

  4. #54
    Sr. Apprentice WARLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    WOODSTOCK NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA
    Posts
    48

    Default

    2000 Silverado 4x4 5.3 dual exhaust, rest is stock. 20 MPG

  5. #55

    Default

    phoebeisis - I run about 90-95% rural county roads at between 35- 50 mph. The other 5% or so is highway and I am usually able to keep it at between 50-55 mph. Just for the record; I run with a Scan Gauge II, hypermile, have my tires up to max side wall pressure (44psi) and have added a few mods.

  6. #56
    Jr. Apprentice ucantcme33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    28

    Default

    2001 Silverado 5.3 4X4 cat back exhaust and cold air intake. last trip to edmonton and back I got between 23 and 25 mpg.
    2001 Silverado 4X4 5.3L Auto Ext. Cab
    Flowmaster American Thunder 40 Series cat-back exhaust
    K&N Cold Air Intake (with Dry-charger)
    All alpine Audio
    De-Badged
    Diamond clear head lights and park lights
    Access, Vanish low profile bed cover

  7. #57

    Default

    23 and 25 mpg is pretty good - is that what you got in MPG or did you figure it in KMG and then redo it in MPG?

  8. #58
    Jr. Apprentice ucantcme33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    28

    Default

    That is in MPG, converted kilometers to miles and litres to gallons BEFORE I figured out the MPG.

  9. #59

    Default

    My 2008 5.3L ext cab ranges from 13.4 with my foot in it, and 16.9 without my foot in it and 70% highway driving with cruise set to 70 mph on average. It's still bone stock, but I plan to make some modifications soon.


    2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

  10. #60

    Default

    My lifted 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 5/3L gets 11.4 with my foot in it and 15.1 with it set on cruise control on the hwy at 65mph average. It was worse until I had a custom tune done. I'll be getting some more mileage back when I regear it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last: 02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last: 01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last: 08-03-2011, 08:36 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last: 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
  5. Pleas help with engine oil issue!
    By thekingsphance in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 9
    Last: 12-06-2008, 12:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •