GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Default Gasoline Prices? Already on "Summer" Prices?

Well I don't know about you folks, but here in SE Pennsylvania gasoline prices have rocketed to the summer "Drive season" Regular is at $3.73 and 93 octane is back at $4.09 a gallon. It kinda irks me that the gasoline we buy, is pumped out of the ground "RIGHT HERE in the USA" thus proving that Nothing controls the oil companies. It's odd considering myself lucky that my truck runs on regular fuel. both of my other rides run on 93 high Test.

Strange that things we use to buy overseas, but that we now have right here in America, yet prices stay the same. there a commercial on TV saying next year we will be the largest exporter of oil in the world ?

Last week, we reached an all time high with gas prices in New Brunswick.We are just shy of $1.40 a liter (33 oz). That works out to $5.40 (Canadian $) for a US gal.

We were in Maine late last month and Brewer has always been the lowest price when ever we drive to Ontario (I95 to I90 to Buffalo NY). The price in Brewer was $3.54
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

Here Costco has the cheapest regular at $3.399/ Exxon has the highest regular at $3.759. BP has the cheapest mid grade at $3.589/ Kangaroo has the highest mid grade at $3.969. Sam's Club has the cheapest Premium at $3.879/ Exxon is the highest at $4.199.

Diesel is cheapest at Circle K at $3.699/ Highest at Exxon $3.999.

And that is with the crazy second highest gas tax in the country (North Carolina), yet they still can't figure out how to take that money and maintain the roads they have and build new ones without opening up toll roads, which are a "tax" in themselves.

I have noticed over the last 5 -8 years or so that the "un-leaded" prices vary allot and diesel has leveled out. I only put 93 oct in my truck, so moving to diesel in a Duramax would actually save me money immediately, not to mention that I would also get about 8 miles to the gallon more along with cheaper fuel.

When I bought my truck, Premium unleaded was $0.799/ Per gallon.
    Last edited by PantheraUncia; 05-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.

$3.39 + in this area, noticed E85 at new Mapco for $3.29 gal. of course the pump was out of sevice

2012 Silverado

I've been paying 3.79-3.99 a gal for mid grade, I prefer e85 but that jumped from 2.69 to 3.29 and isn't cost effective to run for now

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

I live just south of Philadelphia, small community that sits on the Delaware River.

Even though diesel costs a tad more, I wonder if it isn't cheaper to have a 'Diesel' engine instead of 'Gasoline' engine under the hood ? I've done almost everything I can think of to maximize my engine, CAI, shorty headers and a 3" Gibson exhaust system, and my little V8 runs fine, but in the end or the day, $3.79.9 is still $3.79.9 ????

Quote Originally Posted by JTWard View Post
    Even though diesel costs a tad more, I wonder if it isn't cheaper to have a 'Diesel' engine instead of 'Gasoline' engine under the hood ? I've done almost everything I can think of to maximize my engine, CAI, shorty headers and a 3" Gibson exhaust system, and my little V8 runs fine, but in the end or the day, $3.79.9 is still $3.79.9 ????
    I have really been looking forward to a 4.5L Duramax for the 1500 series pickup's, the last tests I saw it gave between 27-30mpg. If it doesn't happen soon, I will go for the 6.6L Duramax. It still gives 18-24mpg, the 5.3L gas gives 14-18mpg, and 18 is on a good day without 4 wheel drive.

8. Likes JTWard liked this post

With gasoline, The government / oil companies said it cost was a lot due to buying from the Middle East, Now we don't buy a drop from them and have opened our own capped wells and it still costs the same. I realize getting down to the truth with these people is like looking for a Nun in a cat parlor, but it seems like nothing changes. But as I said, I'm glad my truck runs on regular gasoline. It's crazy ? ? ?

Lowest around my area (Hudson Valley NY) is $3.79 and it goes up to $3.85. I did notice a place that has E85 for only $3.39!
    I have debated getting some but my truck isn't "made" to run that. But, i have read that some people run it anyway and it doesn't hurt anything.
    Has anyone ever ran E85 in their vehicle that isn't made to run it?
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

Quote Originally Posted by 95_5spd View Post
    Lowest around my area (Hudson Valley NY) is $3.79 and it goes up to $3.85. I did notice a place that has E85 for only $3.39!
    I have debated getting some but my truck isn't "made" to run that. But, i have read that some people run it anyway and it doesn't hurt anything.
    Has anyone ever ran E85 in their vehicle that isn't made to run it?
    NOOOO! Don't do it. It will destroy your fuel system. E85 is very corrosive, so E85 vehicles have special fuel pump and fuel lines to handle the corrosion.

We are currently @ $3.67 for regular. The prices have fluctuated a lot over the last month. We were down to $3.27 and then it jumped to $3.89. It is kinda funny, we have a station here that went out of business. They put on their sign "In August 2010 our gas cost $2.67 a gallon"

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by