GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed Liner

Default Bed Liner

I plan on having a Rhino Liner sprayed in the first weekend in May. Is it worth the money or should I go with the plastic drop-in style that is about half the price? FYI, I plan on keeping the truck til it dies, then, I'll probably fix it and keep driving it or 10 or more years down the line keep this one and get it lifted to the sky and get a nice shiney new one for a daily driver
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

I had Rhino in my last Silverado and I liked it a lot. I am actually going this Friday to get my current truck sprayed. After a year you will notice the pain kind of fade away a little but they sell paint to make it dark black again.
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    PRO COMP 17" RIMS 33" goodyear shoes
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera

The spray in liners are a good value. I had a Line-X installed a year ago and no problems. There is a good installer in Westland if you are on that side of town.
    2006 Ext Cab 2500HD
    Duramax / Allison

Go with the spray-in liner, I have a line-x in mine. The plastic drop in kind have several disadvantages, such as trapped moisture, poor fit( warping over time) and the cargo will slide around all over the bed! the spray in liners eliminate all this and most types and are very durable and most have a warranty, if I was doing mine again I would have it color matched to the truck too, most companies offer that option although colors may be limited. Hope this helps, good luck!
    Adam

Spray in liner is the way to go. If you have any doubts just find an old truck with a drop in liner and lift it up. I did a lot of research and ended up going with Line-X. I talked to a lot of people with Line-X and Rhino. I did not get any complaints from those who bought Line-X. I did get a few not so good reviews from Rhino users. Most of which had to do with getting it repaired. One guy had some gouges in his and they would not fill them like the commercials say. The other spilled chlorine in the back and it turned it white and ate away some of the liner. The Rhino people said it was not covered because it was a chemical. I hope this helps.
    2000 Chevy Silverado EXT Cab Z-71 4X4
    AEM Intake / Flowmaster Exhaust / Granatelli MAF
    MPG+ Wires / E3 Plugs / BBK Throttle Body
    Line-X Bedliner / Extang Black Max Tonneau Cover
    Slotted & drilled rotors w/ceramic pads
    Hypertech Max Energy and Hypertech 160 deg thermostat

Go with the spray on. I bought my truck with the plastic drop in and can't wait to get rid of it. I took it out a couple of weeks ago and the paint on the bed rails is completely ruined. I'm getting the spray in very soon.

Current Truck-
    07 Silverado LT Crew Cab 4.8
    Former Trucks-
    04 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 3.7 V6
    89 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab 5.7 V8
    89 Chevy S-10 reg Cab 4 Banger
    84 GMC S-15 reg Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by steve1146 View Post
    The spray in liners are a good value. I had a Line-X installed a year ago and no problems. There is a good installer in Westland if you are on that side of town.

i live on the east side near mt. clemens. i plan on going with Rhino from Ziebart in St. Clair Shore, but thanks for lookin out
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

I have a spray in liner on my truck and i absolutely love it. I don't know what brand you looked into but ask them about UV protection... I had mine sprayed on last year and it faded a lot I just put in the UV coating (that was supposed to be done when i had it sprayed on) a few weeks ago and it's a HUGE difference it went fro faded gray back to BLACK. also... if you plan on "tossing" heavy items in your truck bed that could dent the bed... you could always do both the spray on liner( to protect against moisture and rust) and then through in a drop in plastic liner ( to prevent against major dents) ...yes the bed will still dent if you have the spray in liner... if that's something that worries you, you could invest in both..

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L EC/Std Bed 4x4 Flexfuel
    Full Metal Jacket Spray on Bed Liner
    Black Powder coat Diamond Plate Weatherguard Tool Box
    Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust System
    K&N Flat Panel OEM replacement Air Filter
    Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo tires P275/55/R20
    Black Reflective pinstripe and VORTEC hood lettering
    Billet front bowtie
    Rear Bowtie Delete
    Blue strobe grille lights
    Blue strobe rear window lights
    Blue LED Mini Light bar in front Grille

Default stay away from drop in

My truck had one when I bought it I tore it out as soon as I got home to find dare metal everywhere. it'll rub the paint off everywhere it touches which pretty much defeats the purpose also in wet weather that things like a slip n slide,Diffenetly go with spray in.
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

I dont know how you feel about Bed Rugs but I bought one from Autoanything and it was $325 shipped. Looks nice and the say it will hold up to rain, snow , mud etc...I guess we will see! So far I cant complain and i get alot of compliments on it.

I have had my quad on it and the mud etc washed right up no problem.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast