GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default Window Weather Deflectors

Hey everyone. I am looking into getting some weather deflectors for my windows. I was looking at JCWhit and found a pretty good selection. What have you guys used? The 3M tape ones or the ones that fit in your weatherstripping? What is a good brand? I have never bought any of them so I figured I would get some help from the professionals to make my decision. Thanks!
    1996 Chevy K1500 Silverado Z71
    -248000 miles
    -The legendary 350 small block V8 (5.7L)
    -Sound System with a 10'' kicker L5 sub and 1300W amp in a sealed box

I had AVS (Auto Vent Shade) ones on my sierra and they were great. the tape held up great and they stuck on there very strongly
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering how the tape would hold up. I mean the deflectors are going to be subject to a lot of wind resistance but 3M does make good products. Do you think they were worth the money? Also I saw that some of them were ABS plastic while others were acrylic. Any suggestions on which of the two is better?

I have the 3M tape ones and they work great. Never had any problems. They dont rattle or make any noise.
    2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    - 4x4
    - Tow Package
    - Custom Red Light on Dash

1998 Dodge Dakota Sport
    - 2x4
    - Custom Fender Damage

:great:

I had a set of AVS window visors on my previous truck and they were great! I just ordered a set of visors from Putco today for my truck. Most of the other brands wanted almost $100 for a set because I have a crew cab. These were $45.90 shipped for all 4 pieces. I'll post updates when I get them. Hopefully it's not one of those "too good to be true" situations.
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

I have AVS my truck now, and had them on my last two trucks and my wife even has a set on her car no problems ever.
    Adam

I never had a problem with them falling off or making any noise. they were great tho, especially in the rain cuz you could have the window cracked. they also do help alot with the sun as well. And yes the tape is strong as hell. When i got my cherokee it had a set of them on there. I didnt like the look of them on the jeep so i took them off, but geeez was it a pain. they were on there really well.

Default AVS deflectors

I have the AVS window deflectors on mt 2005 Tahoe. They are holding great. I have heard bad things about the in channel deflectors. They mess up your sills after time and scratch your windows.
    I also have a wind jammers on the rear glass that is applied with 3m tape.
    JC Whitney is a good place to get some things. Just check your local auto parts store to compare prices.

I'd be concerned about the ones that go in the channel. I've seen some reviews with folks having problems. Falling off, causing issues with the window going up/down, etc. They do look a whole lot better than the ones that stick to the outside of the door though.

But do you guys have any wind noise issues? Or do they perhaps help reduce wind noise? Anybody take a wind noise measurement before/after with a sound meter?

2009 GMC Sierra Denali AWD

Quote Originally Posted by MWright936 View Post
    I had a set of AVS window visors on my previous truck and they were great! I just ordered a set of visors from Putco today for my truck. Most of the other brands wanted almost $100 for a set because I have a crew cab. These were $45.90 shipped for all 4 pieces. I'll post updates when I get them. Hopefully it's not one of those "too good to be true" situations.

can't wait to hear how the in channel ones work for you. i was actually having a conversation today about in channel visors but now after reading this post i am a bit leary about getting in-channels. especially cuz i dont want it to scratch my tint that is getting done the first week in may. thanks in advance
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by