GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission problems

I bought my truck from a GM dealer in October. It has run flawless everyday until about 2 weeks ago. The transmission started acting up. Some examples. Like today I started it and I let it run for a few minutes and then put it in reverse and I barely had my foot on the gas and it started to like Whind up for a few seconds and then the truck kind of jerked and then it started driving fine. Lately when I take off it will shift from 1st to 2nd extremely hard and then after that it shifts smooth. So does anyone have any ideas? Its a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd automatic with tow mode. Im taking it to my friends transmission shop tomorrow and hes going to see if theres anything wrong with it and put some new fluid in it.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    I bought my truck from a GM dealer in October. It has run flawless everyday until about 2 weeks ago. The transmission started acting up. Some examples. Like today I started it and I let it run for a few minutes and then put it in reverse and I barely had my foot on the gas and it started to like Whind up for a few seconds and then the truck kind of jerked and then it started driving fine. Lately when I take off it will shift from 1st to 2nd extremely hard and then after that it shifts smooth. So does anyone have any ideas? Its a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 2wd automatic with tow mode. Im taking it to my friends transmission shop tomorrow and hes going to see if theres anything wrong with it and put some new fluid in it.
    Zack,

Your transmission is either low on oil or the filter is starting to clog up with debris. Did you check the oil with the engine running? If the oil level is OK then you need to get it into the shop pronto.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Thanks for the reply. I checked all the fluids several times. I checked the fluid while it was running . They all look good. I'm at my friends transmission shop right now. So I guess we will hopefully find out what's wrong with it.

Just got back. Seems to be working great now. Thanks for the reply.