GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue headlights

Default blue headlights

i installed blue headlights on my truck.a few people have told me there illegal is this correct?i've had them about 1 month no issue yet.
    07 burban black on black

are they hid's or just blue bulbs?
    2009 cobalt ss, imperial blu metallic, lsd, dejon powerhouse intake, Dejon bpv spring upgrade, Trifecta tune, clutchmasters aluminum flywheel, clutchmasters stage 1 clutch, 20% tints,

2008 avalanche ltz, imperial blue metalic, k&n cold air intake, Gibson cat back duel exhaust

Here in CA they are. I still see them a lot though, just like tint its illegal but everyone has it.
    07 SILVERADO Ls
    K&N Intake
    Hypertech Max Energy
    6" PRO COMP LIFT
    PRO COMP 17" RIMS 33" goodyear shoes
    Pioneer Avic D3 nav/DVD
    Chrome running boards
    Chrome door handles
    Dual tv/dvd in headrest
    Flowmaster
    HID's (8000k)
    Rear view camera

yes blue bulbs are illegal, by law you are not allowed to have any color lights that are the same color or operation as emergency vehicles. you can only have colored lights for show vehicles only that are not driven on the road......if you get a ticket for having them you can say you just left a car show or some event and didnt have time to reinstall your factory bulbs. then you will have to go to court and show your factory bulbs to the judge to prove you no longer have the blue ones installed. I HAVE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS TWICE MYSELF. its not a major deal but its a pain in the ass.
    Scott-Mississippi
    1996 Silverado
    *Mostly stock for now
    *Soon to be airbag project..

not hid's there bulbs.i've seen some that are a bright blue.mines aren't the bright.
    07 burban black on black

I've used "blue" bulbs for years with no hassles so far but they will not pass P.A. inspection, I have to swap them out once a year to get my sticker then I just put them back in when I get the truck home!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0411091514a.jpg  
    Adam

my friends never had any issues with his monte and he has the deep blue HID's but hes only had em a month or so.

the luxury cars come with them though so whats up with that?
    Low and FAST. 5.3>2.2

I have deep blue almost a purple hids in my truck and have not had any issues

Blue lights are illegal in most states since emergency/police vehicles use them, blue bulbs should be ok as long as the light is not blue but you might have to prove it to the cops if they see them unlit.

The police if they want will give a ticket for just about anything I got one for the little lights around the tag in the 80's was told emergency vehicles only could have flashing red light.
    Yeah like a black mustang with lights around the tag is going to confuse some poor old lady into pulling over thinking its fire a truck
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Cool blue headlights

I have Piaa blue bulbs and they came with DOT stickers. I think there like what comes in newer BMWs and Mercedies. These seem to look blue at adistance but the closer you get they look white. Iread this has something to do with the gases used in the bulbs and they are legal. The inexpensive blue tinted bulbs are illiegal and say for off-road use only in small print on the package the come in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast