GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Sterio Swap

Question Sterio Swap

I have just purchased (this summer) a 2008 LTZ Suburban. It came with a combination DVD/CD/Stereo. Unfortunately the Bose system is not the quality that i want. Anyone have advice on changing the speakers etc.

I have one sterio shop telling me that I can change out the four door speakers, install a amp to handle a base unit which they will put in the rear luggage area. Trying to get quality sound not a 20 year old boom box sound. HELP..

i dont know how many speakers the newer trucks and burb have but ive dealt with an 06 sierra with the 9 speaker bose system which sounded great to begin with.

i would start with chaging the head unit. that will make a world of difference. if your still not happy start replacing the speakers. as far as subs for bass you can always get custom boxes or just throw a box in the back, all up to your preferece. but as far as quality you can make that decision, IMO i love bose and think its the best quality. maybe you got some blown speakers...
    1997 K1500 Silverado 4X4. Black Exterior, grey/black interior. 35X12.50X15 wheels and rubber, ProComp 6inch lift 6 shocks in the front 2 in the rear, 3 inch body lift, a few cosmetic mods. Nothing major. Custom leather interior, and stereo upgrade is the future mods.

Smile Moving Ahead

Bite the bullet and moving to a upgraded system - because the Bose is a integrated DVD/CD/Satellite radio and On Star it is very expensive to change the head unit.
    I have opted to change the front speakers with Focal - $2,000 a pair but half price on Boxing Day. Installing a three channel amp - 65 watts to the doors, remaining Bose stay around 20 watts, Boston 10" Sub in a box at 350 watts.

The Bose have a limiter in the system that stops the base from coming though and i have a thing about quality stereo - this will be may start to improve the system. Sure it will work.