GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 88 Suburban Rear sag

Whats the best way to level or even lift a little in the rear of a 88 suburban 3/4 2wd. I use it for towing a 20' car trailer and for camping in. Would blocks or bags. Im afraid if i use bags then all the weight is going to be on the bags..

Blog Entries

The bags would be great becuase they are adjustable. My 87 Blazer was sagging so i put an Add-A-Leaf on it but it almost sat too high so I had to get 1" lower lift blocks to even it out.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by chad1966 View Post
    Whats the best way to level or even lift a little in the rear of a 88 suburban 3/4 2wd. I use it for towing a 20' car trailer and for camping in. Would blocks or bags. Im afraid if i use bags then all the weight is going to be on the bags..
    Have you looked at the Sensatrac Coil Over shocks?

I added them to by suburban to help with sag and they have worked great! Let me look for the post with the info on them

here they are

Monroe Shock/Strut - Rear Price was around $100 (they come sold as a pair)
    Part No. 58612

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...S_818077323___

The Monroe® Sensa-Trac® load adjusting shock absorber with PSD (position sensitive damping) and the Safe Tech™ system combines our exclusive precision tapered grooves in the pressure tube with application engineered valving and Fluon banded piston to improve the ride, handling, and safety characteristics of the vehicle.

These units also include a heavy gauge calibrated spring for extra control and comfort. A new pair of Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting shock absorbers can assist in maintaining ride height when up to 1,200 lbs*. of additional weight is loaded. These units are ideal for light trucks that carry varying loads or tow trailers.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Quote Originally Posted by chad1966 View Post

Put an Add-a-leaf to your rear spring pack. That will give you a bit of height and firm up the rear suspension.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

Jr. Mechanic

I used an add-a-leaf as well on my '90 4x4. It is about an inch higher in the rear now, but it looks great. It will probably level out after some settling and wear, so Im leaving it like it is...
    Semper Fi :fighting0037:

1990 1500 Suburban 6.2L Diesel 4x4