GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Pics of my truck with the new wheels

Here's what my truck looks like now with 22s and low pros. I am considering everything from lowering my truck 2/4 ... to raising the front and doing a body lift with 285/55/22 terra grapplers. Just can't decide. It's a 4x4 and I never thought I needed a tall truck but ever since I mounted these last week I've noticed just how bad my driveway is and just how much I've used my truck on the acreage to haul junk. Had 20s and 24s and these are by far my favorite so far.

Tell me what ya think!

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 4x4
    - 17" Avalanche Wheels
    - 2 10" Premier Comp Subs/custom Subthump box
    - Some scrapes, scratches, dents, creases, and bends!

They are 22" DUB Hustla 6's.

- 17" Avalanche Wheels

Legend
    Blog Entries

I actually like that rolling stock,, I am not really a big fan of large wheels but the design is very clean and simple. Well I do know if you lower it you are going to have a hell of a time finding a kit for a 4x4, and I don't think you'll be happy with a 2/4 drop. The only reason I say that is because of how many sets of wheels you've had, I guarantee that you will end u going with 2 or 3 different drops before you get the one that you finally like. I am not bashing on you, but I have seen this so much with those guys from Stylin Concepts. I drive up there from time to time and see who's running what, and there are several guys that have had multiple lowering kits on 4x4's and they all complain about a really crappy ride no matter what you do. The exception would be air-ride suspension with a 4 link, but then your talking a couple of mortgage payments later! Again just my opinion, and a few cents worth.

I forgot to ask, are those directional tires because they sure look like it?
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

looks good

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

yes they are directional... and cheap! I didn't pay too much for them so I'm not gonna complain. I am really leaning towards a B/L, maybe the truxxx keys and shock relocators, and the 285/55/22 Terra Grapplers. That would make it easy to throw on a second set of rims with mud tires for winter with all the snow/ice here and it'd still be functional, but not so tall that it's a pain for the minibikes, quads, etc.

Edit: Is there a way I could raise the front a couple inches going a different route than the keys? I have heard of guys with the keys who have the front end sagging again in a year or two.. not sure if real common or not, but heard of it.
    Last edited by ridnrimz; 04-05-2009 at 05:18 PM.

- 17" Avalanche Wheels

Legend
    Blog Entries

Why yes there is another route you can go besides keys, I am also leery about the keys also and I would never do it on my truck either but I guess it's personal opinion. Here is Rancho's new toy for an alternative for lifting the FRONT of your truck, I just saw it in this month's Truckin' magazine.
    http://www.gorancho.com/products/shocks/quicklift.php

My buddy bought directional tires from tire rack along with some 20" wheels, and they mounted them backwards and my friend didn't know any better. I saw his truck shortly after they were put on and I told him that they mounted them backwards, and he thought I was BSing him until he took it to the tire shop and they told him the same thing! They were nice and fixed them for him for free cause they liked his truck and felt sorry for him, just figured I would mention this for anyone reading who didn't know that.

NOTE: Directional tires can only be rotated on the same side so Drivers front can only go to drivers rear, and the same on the passenger side. If you cross them like a normal rotation you will destroy them, you MIGHT get 5,000 miles before they are trashed. Just a little FYI if anybody didn't know that.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I like them rims man I am kicking my self in the but because i went with 20s now 22s would have been much more clean and sleak than the 20s. But heck everyone around here has 22s so i went with the 20s. When i had my Tires rotated and balanced i made hella sure that the tire shop did it right. That way i wouldnt have to buy a new set so soon. I still second guess them because they gave me the rims and tires so cheap. Like they might put them on backwards so i have to get a new set.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Thanks Heavy Chevy, I'm really satisfied with my choice of wheels this time around. Now I just want to get some 18s with maybe 33 or 34" tires for the winters and I'll be set. Having winter rims and summer rims kind of sucks because even though the truck looks pimp year round, it's just a lot of money to have tied up in wheels and tires.

Here is kind of the look I'm thinking about going for... I don't think anyone would say this truck is ugly:

http://gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134680

- 17" Avalanche Wheels

Looks really good the wheel fits the truck well.

Lookin' Good!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast