GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default westin brush gaurds? any good?

i have noticed a lot of these westin brush gaurds on the streets the last few months? are they any good? price range? they are so popular it almost discourages me from buying one because everyone else has one.

Cool westin brush quards? any good?

We installed many westins and customers were happy with them. They are not for real heavy off-roading. Also if you ever think you will install a winch you have to get brush quard that has a winch plate option, not all brush gaurds have this option.

I have westin step bars on my truck, they're good quality and sturdy. So, I'm assuming that they guards would be too!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have one on my truck because I needed some where to mount my off-road lights, but your right everybody and there brother has one. They are between $300-$400 depending on the diameter of the tube, 2-1/2 inch all the way up to 3 inch which is what I have got. You also have to get rid of your tow hooks with these too, good luck with your decision.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I would love to have a guard on my truck except I would get mine powdered coated black with an assortment of hi-power piaa lights on it to blind forgetful drivers who leave their hi-beams on lol
    Brian
    Nor-Cal

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500
    6" RCD Lift
    315/75/R16 BFG All Terrains
    Alpine 7" DVD Reciever
    Jbl Componet Door Speakers Front and Rear
    4 10" Jbl Subs
    Led (Blue) Cluster Gauge Blulb Swap
    Dell Studio Hybrid Digital Media Server
    Cobra CB
    Twin Bearcat Scanners

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I have one on my truck because I needed some where to mount my off-road lights, but your right everybody and there brother has one. They are between $300-$400 depending on the diameter of the tube, 2-1/2 inch all the way up to 3 inch which is what I have got. You also have to get rid of your tow hooks with these too, good luck with your decision.
    What size are those foglights behind your grill? Did you have a lot of room back there to mount them? Just curious i have some 6 inch off road lights from my old truck i would like to put behind the grill.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have two 6" Pro Comp off-road lights behind my grille, they are not the slim lights they are just regular 6" lights. I have enough room to fit my hand laying flat in between them and the radiator, I haven't had a chance to wire them up yet note the wires just hanging there for now. Here's a picture of behind my grille, I used two already pre-drilled holes in my radiator support to hold them. Most guys mount them on the front bumper by drilling two 1" holes, but I don't like to destroy the OEM stuff on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I have two 6" Pro Comp off-road lights behind my grille, they are not the slim lights they are just regular 6" lights. I have enough room to fit my hand laying flat in between them and the radiator, I haven't had a chance to wire them up yet note the wires just hanging there for now. Here's a picture of behind my grille, I used two already pre-drilled holes in my radiator support to hold them. Most guys mount them on the front bumper by drilling two 1" holes, but I don't like to destroy the OEM stuff on my truck.

where did you get that bottom valance that is on your bumper?
    2004 Silverado 1500 2wd Ext. Cab

Thanks for the info, yeah i just like the way they look clean sitting back there instead of out in the open.