GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Help me with a leveling kit decision!!

Ok, going to do a leveling kit on my truck, just cannot decide which one to go with. here is a link that includes a pic of my truck http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21558, i just put some 20's on it and the tires rub a little. Have looked at the pro comp, and ready lift leveling kits, they both raise the front 1.5". Have also looked at the rough country kit which looks like it does up to 2". Any ideas or suggestions on a differnet kit? Thanks!

There is almost a 3" difference between the front and the rear.....
    Last edited by mxracer919; 04-22-2009 at 07:54 AM.

kenton-texas
    2009 Silverado
    5.3L LT1 Z71
    Rhino Liner over the rails
    20" Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys
    275/55/20 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's
    2.25" Readylift leveling kit
    Gibson Dual Sport cat-back

1979 Cj7

Sold:
    2008 Silverado reg cab short bed
    4.8L LS 4x4

2001 Silverado reg cab short bed
    4.3L 5speed 2wd

1995 Silverado ext cab short bed
    5.7L Z71

Would it be possible to use the rough country kit in addition with the pro comp kit? I believe that the rouch country goes on the bottom and the pro comp mounts to the top? With the rough country you have the option of up to 2" with two 1/2" spacers and a 1" spacer, in addition to the pro comp 1.5" spacer.....just an idea, anyone tried it?

Sr. Apprentice

I have had th eRough Country kit installed on two Tahoes here at the Border Patrol Station and they have performed quite well. Our vehicles take a beating and haev had no problems at all. Also, Bilstein make a lift shock that we have used as well with excellent results. You may get a bit more llift out of the Bilstein. HTH.
    Scott
    Kalispell, MT :zzz:

2004 Chevy Suburban-Bone Stock
    2006 Chvey Silverado 1500HD

thanks for the help!

anybody used the ready lift leveling kit? They have one that does 2.25" for $230

I was gonna say I would go with something like the bilstein lift like he said or run the rancho quicklift system
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Cool help me with a leveling kit decision

Ditto the Bilstein kit. It has different adjustments on the shock from 1.5inch to 2.7 inchs and you get a great front shock. They also offer a rear shock to match the front shocks valving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete95Sierra View Post
    I was gonna say I would go with something like the bilstein lift like he said or run the rancho quicklift system

I like the looks of the rancho, plus you buy one you get the 2nd half off. Makes it where it is not that much more expensive than a leveling kit

Default Rancho Leveling Kit

Well I got done with my Rancho Leveling kit with the 9000xl rears here is the link. Hope you can see the difference The one that doesn't say rancho on it is the stock photo. It was easy for the rear shocks of course but the front was a different story. Of course they're adjustable but in pain-in-the-but place. So far the drivability is good I've done stiff and soft you can tell the difference. All in all nice if you put these is remember that the dial is pointing away from the engine not toward. It took me a little longer to figure that out I guess the design threw me off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24746822@N04/

2008 Sierra Crew Cab Z71 4x4 Black

I decided to go with the ready lift 2.25 kit. I just picked it up today....plans are to put it on tommorow after work, but we will see it i can get to it in time...i will post some pictures of it after i get finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by