GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Burns Oil?!

Exclamation Burns Oil?!

So i have a 2005 1500 Silverado and just of late it has started to burn oil, i figured it is burning oil becasue it isn't leaking any oil any where i have been trying to find a leak and have not been able to find one so at this point i believe it is burning it. The truck is straight piped ran with no mufflers it has edlebrock shortty headers, different underdrive pulley. If anyone has any input or info, or just anything to say that they think i should do let me know!! Thanks!
    2005 Silverado 1500

First question I have is what oil are you running and weight?
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I use 5W-30 right now should i got to a heavier oil, i mean i am not really too good with mechanilcal problems. But it has been burning it i knwo that for a fact
    2005 Silverado 1500

Cool burns oil

I would look at the spark plugs for oil residue.

A heavier oil may stop oil burning to some point. However you may notice a slight decrease in fuel economy.

How many miles are on your truck? and what size engine? and how much oil are you burning, a quart every 1000 miles?
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com