GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Cold Air Intake ?

In a few weeks I am installing a magnaflow dual exhaust. Im ready to change to a cold air intake also. I was looking at the K&N 63-3058 CAI. Is it truely worth putting on a whole Kit or would just a replacment filter do?

i went with a company call Green filter High performance filters. Nice product ez install. big bottom difference. 2.5 mpg increase. alot cheaper to. check them out www.Greenfilterusa.com

Jr. Mechanic

What year is your truck? Your not going to get no 2.5 MPG better on any new truck with a after market Cai OR FILTER. Thats just BS.

I would say that it's worth getting an intake. I bought my truck and it had a k&n filter in the stock airbox. I wanted an easy upgrade that was going to do alot and that usually the first mod anybody does is an intake. So I got it put it on and I immedietly noticed throttle responce increase. I would say my mpg maybe went up .5 to 1 mpg. So yes I would say it's worth getting one.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L Z71 - 4x4

I have had both K&N Filter and CAI,IMO The CAI has giving me a better bang for my $$$.I said go for the CAI.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by swoosh1977 View Post
    In a few weeks I am installing a magnaflow dual exhaust. Im ready to change to a cold air intake also. I was looking at the K&N 63-3058 CAI. Is it truely worth putting on a whole Kit or would just a replacment filter do?
    Look in to an S&B intake or replacement filter. Much better filtering than a K&N with no loss of power.
    2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, Dmax/Allison, Taupe Gray Metallic, Line-x over the Rail & Rockers, S&B Intake, Banks Monster Exhaust, Rigid Dually D2's, Cognito Leveling Kit, Cognito Steering Braces plus much more.

"Suburban" There is no Substitute.:great:

SOLD - My Loaded up 02 2500 Suburban.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba33 View Post
    What year is your truck? Your not going to get no 2.5 MPG better on any new truck with a after market Cai OR FILTER. Thats just BS.
    2004,5.3, Borla exhaust, Green Filter intake, TP throttle body spacer. No reason to bs just giving info on what I gained. Not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just answering the mans question.

Jr. Mechanic

Well I asked him what year his truck is. I said your not going to gain that with a CAI on a new truck. (they already have a CAI) You said (
    i went with a company call Green filter High performance filters. Nice product ez install. big bottom difference. 2.5 mpg increase. alot cheaper to. check them out www.Greenfilterusa.com ) Then you said in your next post.(2004,5.3, Borla exhaust, Green Filter intake, TP throttle body spacer. No reason to bs just giving info on what I gained. Not looking to get into a pissing contest. Just answering the mans question.) You never mentioned that you had exhaust and a TP throttle spacer which that won't do anything for fuel milage either. I had said a new truck which a 2004 is not.

IMHO ... I would do a factory airbox mod and stick with an AC/Delco Filter. K&N Filters are just a little better than no filter at all. If you really want a new kit, go with Banks, S&B, volant or AirRaid.
    02 Chevy Suburban 1500, 4:10 Difs, Stock for now.

02, CC, LB, 4x4, LB7, 145K Miles, EFI Live Tuned by Nick at Duramaxtuner, Banks Ram-Air w/ superscoop (Plate Removed), Banks Big Head, AirDog 100, Pillar Gauges, 16x8 Eagle wheels, 285 BFGs, Bilstein 5100's, Ride Rite Air Bags 5" Exhaust, 4" downpipe, Prodigy Brake Controller, Goose Neck.

02 Grand Prix GT.

the truck is a 2008 5.3L

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by