GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default clueless question PLZ HELP

Hey guys check this out, when i pulled my intake manifold i think i remember hearing what sounded like something falling onto metal but not sure. Check this pic out, when i pulled the intake manifold this was just chillin in the valley pan. Anyone have a clue what it goes to? It looks like a small version of a differential or manual transmission drain plug. Has a spot for a 3/8" drive ratchet and its OH about 5/8" diameter threads. Thanks guys I cant see anywhere it would have gone on the intake manifold or upper plenum. I studied both and could not find anything please if you know better than I do share I'm sittin on ice for the reassembly till i find out for sure that its not going to cause any damage if it belongs somewhere or where it goes.

~Phil

Pic of they "Mystery Part"
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ass1440/gd.jpg
    1997 GMC Suburban K2500 SLT AUTO 4x4 7.4litre 454ci. "ALL STOCK" (NO MODS)

Sorry, but the picture quality make it ever more difficult for anyone else to see it. Might want to consider loading a better quality picture, it can only help...
    >>>2003 Suburban K1500 LT<<<

Currently:
    ~Rear overhead DVD
    ~Orion 600D
    ~ 12" Acoustic Elegance AV12
    ~Hankook ATM DynPro A/T's
    ~Flowmaster exhaust

Here ya go this should be a much better quality picture of it. Thanks
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...1440/dfgfd.jpg

you sure it wasnt just laying in between the manifold and block or head....maybe a previous oooopppss

Is all your emmisions stuff intact? I have seen guys pull off the emissions and use these to plug the holes not sure if someone did that but OH look at your thermostat housing I have seen some with a vent hole with one of those in there also.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Jr. Engineer

its part of your intake manifold, you need to find the hole it was in and make sure you seal it with threadsealer and put it back in tightly. IF that fell out, I would be looking around at what else was loose.

the hole you are looking for should be near the back by the distributor.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"