GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

a body lift raises the body by placing spacers where the body mounts to the frame. I think the largest you can get is 3 inches. You NEVER want to stack the spacers any higher than that. it places way to much stress on the body mounts and bolts. an actual suspension lift raises the frame and body together away from the axles. That is about the most basic definition. Using drop brackets and bigger subframes, taller springs, spacers or taller coil overs. There are different ways to go about it. The reason for the difference in price is you get what yo pay for. I would say a Fabtech kit would be a higher quality kit. I think they started making suspension parts for the dessert off road crowd. So their stuff can take a beating. Some other good kits I have used in the past on my vehicles are Rancho and Shyjacker. If you are looking to get one for your truck that is where I would start to look.It is like anything else you get what you pay for.

Ok just 2 weeks ago I added the 2.5" leveling kit to my 04 Yukon & currently running on 265/70/17's

I am wondering if any of you have knowledge of just how large a tire I can go

I would love 35's but feel 33's are not worth the $$ since they would be basically only 1" larger overall...if I am spending the $$ it should make a difference
    "The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn and change."

Carl Rogers

2004 GMC Yukon, 4X4 SLT, 5.3L Vortex, leather interior...

Trail Master 2.5" leveling kit, Skyjacker shocks up front, EGR 1.25" Fender Flares

Putco Punch Grille Insert, gamut of Putco chrome accesories, IPCW chrome/clear taillights, velour dash cover by CoverKing

Running on 265/70/17 Cooper Discover AT3's

QUESTION: I have a 98 GMC 2500 with a 3 inch body lift. I am running stock wheels with 315/75/16's. Shopping for some new wheels. Will a 16x10, -38mm offset, 4.5 inch bs create a rub?????? Also, needing to replace those tires soon, and looking at 305/70/16's. What do you guys think?? Thanks in advance. Steve in NY

hi, I am 17 and just got my first truck which is a 2002 gmc duramax. I installed a 8" lift kit and have been running 37 inch tires. I am looking to down size to a 35" tire but do not know what width to run I was thinking 13.50 because the 12.5 would look dumb I would think. any opionios? thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234