GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jr. Mechanic

So in lame man's terms if I have a 02 silverado all stock and I put 17x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing, with 285/60R17 tires, I won't have any problems with rubbing? Also how far will the tires stick out?

anybody know if 285x65xr18 tires on 18x9 wheels with +18 offset with 5.51 of backspace fit an 08 silverado with a 2.5" leveling kit (Truxx) work with no tire or wheel rub?

That's a great find!!! It's made me even more extatic to have bought this set of mags and tires for my truck!
    22" chromes with tires, $1000 cdn!!! NO fitment cutting or nothing!!!

2004 Chevrolet Suburban
    5.3L
    1/2 Ton
    Spectre Cold Air Intake
    Flowmaster Series 40 exhaust with custom 5" stainless rig exhaust pipe out rear side
    Freshly rebuilt 4L60E with new Borg Warner HD 1-2 clutches and Z-pac 3-4 clutches
    3.73 Posi rear end with limited slip diff ( G80 :great: )
    Kool Vue OEM style towing mirrors

Great link man.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Hey sharpshooter when you say you don't have a lift and you cranked up the keys. Essentially you did install a lift by doing that. It lifts the front but it also makes the ride a lot stiffer.
    Semper Fi.

Hey kgibson. How r u. I have a 03 silverado 1500. First of all what is the diffrrance between a leveling kit and a lift kit? And do you have any pics of your truck? I welcome answers from all. Thanks in advance.

A leveling kit levels out the truck. From the factory the nose is 2-3 inches lower than the back end. It is done that way so when the bed is loaded it sits level. A lift kit will raise both the front and the back. The lift kit is more involved and has more parts.

Thanks fir that info. Now If I decided to go for a 4" lift I found blocks for the rear. It seems like an ez install. I found 4" front torsion keys. What do u think about them. Or did u hear about them?

I have never heard of 4" keys. I would not go that route anyway. It would put your front drive line at to much of an angle. If the suspension was to go to full extension down you can break things. That is why the level kits max at like 3". Anything more than that and y9u need to start dropping components. The lift kits come with new brackets to correct the angles. As far as the rear goes adding blocks is how most of the lesser priced kits get the lift. You should never stack rear lift blocks. The better way of lifting the rear is with a new set of springs. Another way of doing it is to use lift shackles.There are many options from the various lift companies. Many offer different levels of shocks, some are offered in different colors if that is your thing. Another option you have is to crank up the torsion bars to achieve some lift. Some people say it doesn't effect the ride of their truck. I am not able to comment on that because I have never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I have never heard of 4" keys. I would not go that route anyway. It would put your front drive line at to much of an angle. If the suspension was to go to full extension down you can break things. That is why the level kits max at like 3". Anything more than that and y9u need to start dropping components. The lift kits come with new brackets to correct the angles. As far as the rear goes adding blocks is how most of the lesser priced kits get the lift. You should never stack rear lift blocks. The better way of lifting the rear is with a new set of springs. Another way of doing it is to use lift shackles.There are many options from the various lift companies. Many offer different levels of shocks, some are offered in different colors if that is your thing. Another option you have is to crank up the torsion bars to achieve some lift. Some people say it doesn't effect the ride of their truck. I am not able to comment on that because I have never done it.
    Thanks for aiding me in making my decision. Forget about blocks, keys, etc. I going with a full gift lit. 6". Two questions what's the difference between a lift kit n a body lift. As I look in other signatures I see lift kit and body lift as well. Care to explain? 2nd question is I saw list from $700-$2000 and fabtech, rough country. Idk explain how there is like two extremes. Thanx in advance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast