GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default "Warning to Driver"

why is it when you purchase a suspension lift that you must put a sticker somewhere that says "warning to driver"....is it cause it has more of a chance of rolling?
    2007 GMC Sierra SLE CC, fabtech, 20x10 ultra predators, toyo mts

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have that sticker in the door jam of my truck too, it is flourescent orange with big black letters. I think it is because of the truck being incredibly top heavy, and the center of gravity is drastically changed as a result of the lift. I think it's to make the manufacture void of all responsibility actually, just so thy can say that they did give you fair warning. You just have to watch in the turns at higher speeds, because you will get quite a bit of body roll especially with a bigger truck like the Silverado.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

is it different driving with a lifted truck? like u REALLY have to be careful??

they have to do it to probably cover their butts. I got one with my lift for my jeep and one with my body lift for my chevy. I never put them on
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

It's a disclaimer in case you do roll it, the handling is different but not radically so, you would have to "work hard" to roll it over but it is easier than a non lifted truck so they have to cover their rear ends.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by AJ's Sierra View Post
    why is it when you purchase a suspension lift that you must put a sticker somewhere that says "warning to driver"....is it cause it has more of a chance of rolling?
    Because lawyers exist and some people will do anything to make a buck with out actually working.
    Other than that the sticker serves no real purpose.

If someones stupid enought o try and drive a lifted truck like a sports car they deserve anything that happens to them.

yeah definitely just a "We told you so" kind of thing in case you do roll. I put mine on inside my jeep kind of as a joke.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Talking

Got mine on the drivers side door....it is a we told you so sticker....
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)