GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Regency conversions gone out of business!

http://www.rt1automile.com/regency/rsthtc2.htm

I was looking up some warranty information about my truck last night when I found this, Regency has now been closed for 3 months now! I am so mad right now I can't even tell you, I have one of their 05' Badlander Conversions and it is only three years old. I called the chevy dealer I bought it from and they acted like they didn't know what was going on, I called the number that is on the website I listed above and I talked to the owner and he informed me that Regency had permanently closed their doors for good 3 months ago. The reason I posted this is IF you have a Regency vehicle that is still under warranty, I have been informed that my full and extended warranty through them is now null and void!

That's okay I guess because the warranty only cost me about $6,000, and I never even got into the extended part of the warranty.

What I am worried about is my GM extended warranty, I would be willing to bet if I have problems say with my transmission or rear end they won't cover it now because they will say that the Regency conversion did it! I will keep you guys posted after I go up to the chevy dealer and talk to the guy about my truck, stay tuned for more good news..............
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Wow, another casualty of the auto climate going on. I think things will turn around, but it's tough out there if you're selling any number of complete or aftermarket delivered trucks or vans, especially if they saw big numbers a few years ago and now just can't sell them.

I did see some good deals on Explorer aftermarket vans at the Dallas Auto Show last month. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19669

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Blog Entries

That's a bummer Amy. You see more and more businesses closing and taking the money and running and leaving people like you hanging. Keep us posted if you hear anything else.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Sorry to hear that Amy, but look on the bright side, you don't put that many miles on your truck so the chances of something major happening appears to be pretty slim, it's a beautiful truck and It's obviously well taken care of so I think you'll be O.K.!
    Adam

Default Regency conversions gone out of business

Sorry to here about your sitution Amy. Im writing this reply not to make you feel worse, but so others can beaware of not all but alot of the converstion companies. Even before the economic turn down these companies came and went. Although the dealers charge big bucks for these trucks (major profits), they pay not much more than a fully equipped factory truck for these conversions. The conversion companies buy the trucks stripped down, such as one front seat and rubber floor mate etc, etc. Then the dealer tells you to compare the top on the line factory truck with the conversion and people THINK there getting a deal. The unfortunate things is the dealer pays the conversion company sh** for the truck. So the dealer makes all the money and the conversion company goes out of business. Of course no one held a gun to the conversion companys head, just bad business practice.When I worked for a small truck customizing shop th local dealers would have there customers pick a truck from there lot,there customers would come by our shop and pick out what they wanted done to there trucks. the dealers would then charge the customer a reasonabile price. That way everybody was happy, The customer,the dealer and us.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I just got off the phone with my chevy dealer, they said that my Regency warranty is now no good effective immediatley! I asked about my GM extended warranty and he said it would cover whatever was on the truck when it was given it's VIN # in the factory, so unless I am misunderstanding that I think I am up s^&* creek without a paddle! They modified all of the suspension at Regency, they also tweaked the rear end and the transmission with aftermarket stuff. All they had on the motor when I got it was a Hypertech Power Programmer III, which I took off and replaced with my new one I have now. I am just worried mainly about the engine and transmission, although I have less than 9,000 miles on it I have either a rear main seal leak or a transmission leak. I had it in twice when it had 3,000 miles, and then also at 7,000 miles and now it's leaking again. Supposedly they put some kind of die in the engine and another color in the transmission, and miraculously it stopped leaking for a while. (They probably used something like Bar's leak in it, dirty bas^&@*@!) It's not a bad leak so hopefully it will last for a couple f years, thanks for the condolences by the way guys. I will keep her for better or worse, I have more than half the truck paid off already and I'm not going to give it away............AMY :out:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Sorry to here about your sitution Amy. Im writing this reply not to make you feel worse, but so others can beaware of not all but alot of the converstion companies. Even before the economic turn down these companies came and went. Although the dealers charge big bucks for these trucks (major profits), they pay not much more than a fully equipped factory truck for these conversions. The conversion companies buy the trucks stripped down, such as one front seat and rubber floor mate etc, etc. Then the dealer tells you to compare the top on the line factory truck with the conversion and people THINK there getting a deal. The unfortunate things is the dealer pays the conversion company sh** for the truck. So the dealer makes all the money and the conversion company goes out of business. Of course no one held a gun to the conversion companys head, just bad business practice.When I worked for a small truck customizing shop th local dealers would have there customers pick a truck from there lot,there customers would come by our shop and pick out what they wanted done to there trucks. the dealers would then charge the customer a reasonabile price. That way everybody was happy, The customer,the dealer and us.
    Yeah you're definately right about that one, they are definately over priced for what you get I will admit that. The MAJOR reason why I bought the truck was because of the factory warranty on everything, I regret everyday selling my 2004 2500HD I had 0% interest on it and it would have been payed off last September! I wanted the big lift kit and all of the goodies I have now, but It was going to void my warranty completely. I thought it was a safe bet, but I guess it blew up in my face anyways! Well at least I got a fancy paint job, and a GM collectible now!

Default Regency conversions gone out of business

It is a great looking truck, so just enjoy it! ( I would be more pissed at dealer than regency).

i was talkin to a friend last night who works in the revenue department for the state of Ky, and he said that all he does at work any more is talk with mom and pop businesses aroung the state who just cant cut it any more and have to shut down. but atleast you have some kind of warranty on your truck
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

I know this you can throw a fit and sue if you need something fixed that is a warranty you paid for and you should get your money back for it if not gm should honor your warranty with them. No questions asked they sold you the product I dont care if it was up graded by a outside company they still sold that product. I know this is a gm website but if shelby went out of business i bet ford would fix vehicles with problems. It is just good business and gm better get on board and stop screwing people. I mean 90 percent of the dealerships are crooks anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by