GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This thread is like a truck with bad tires ... it's all over the place ..
    I don't have bad tires, my khumo tires are holding up just fine but they aren't very good for off road. then again I have a 2wd so i don't really need anything for off road , i got my truck to drive around on the highway and streets. not really knowlegeable of the khumo tires they were on the truck when i got it a year and a half ago but these have held up pretty well and as i said in my post earlier I haul a lot with mine. I have always been a Yokohama and Dunlop fan for the speed rated tires. and BF Goodrich has always served me well for every day street driving that's why i recommended them too.

My Suburban had Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO P265/75R-16 when I bought it. I have been very happy with them. They did great in the snowstorm we had here last winter and have been great while towing my boat. I can't speak to how they handle off road or their longevity since I have only put on 5,000 miles, but they handle well and and are nice and quiet on the pavement.
    Last edited by Shadowdub; 06-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    K1500 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 5.7L

I have had very good luck with Cooper tires, Bridgestone also, BFG tires seem to wear fast but maybe that's just me..

oh, and diesel burbans ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticTrucks View Post
    I have had very good luck with Cooper tires, Bridgestone also, BFG tires seem to wear fast but maybe that's just me..

oh, and diesel burbans ROCK!
    Cooper's are really good long lasting tires the only problem with them usually is that they are hard to find. I think wally world is carrying some of them now though so maybe they are getting that whole distribution thing down pat finally

I have a 2002 Tahoe 4WD and am just now replacing BFG AT that I put on ~77K ago. I replaced the BFG with Yokohma Geolander ATS - about $170 less than I paid for the BFG AT. Ride is great, hope they last as long as the BFGs.
    Last edited by alpine2012; 12-26-2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Bought new tires

Original factory tires on My '04 Suburban were Firestone Wilderness P265x70x16 W/O, and they only lasted to about 30,000 miles, and were replaced with Bridgestone Dueler H/T W/O, and I had those changed at 55,000 miles on May 2, 2012.

The replacement tires were BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A's, and I didn't much care for those treads.
    I believe they are better suited for construction/commercial use, since they are rugged, though somewhat noisy on the interstate and highway.
    Those were changed in May 2013 with only 8,000 miles on them.
    They are currently sitting in My garage, and I'd take $200.00 or best offer (local pick up only!) for all four tires...one has had a patch-plug installed professionally, by the tire dealer, for a small finish nail puncture, though tire did not go flat, nor did it lose any air pressure.
    I checked the tread depth on all 4 tires, and every tire shows 9/32nd's remaining tread depth (center tread), and the UTAQ code is 440 treadwear, traction B, temperature B, load rating 111T.

The replacement tires this time around are Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza tires, and they require more sophisticated "road force" balancing due to the long wearing (UTAQ 700+ rating) rubber compound.
    I prefer Firestone/Bridgestone tires for the Suburban, as they seem to ride quieter, and run smoother, IMO.
    Tried in earnest to locate a set of Goodyear Triple Tread tires, also a 700+ UTAG rating, but none available locally....perhaps, next time around.
    "I Hate When That Happens!"

Jr. Apprentice

I just put a set of Rugged Terrain BF Goodrich ( 285/75/16 ) on my '97 2500. Haven't been in any snow or rain, so I guess I'm no help. I can say they are bad for picking up gravels.

Stay away from mastercraft. Put some AXT's on my wife's Tahoe and you could spit in front of it and get stuck. BFG, Goodyear, or most other name brand tires are ok. General is another I stay away from.

I for one prefer my falkens. Not American made, but damn good tires
    Last edited by BurbanMan; 08-01-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Chuckie!!!

I'm running Toyo ATIIs 285/75R16. Excellent tires! Guaranteed to last 60,000 miles.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.

I have had Goodyear, Goodrich, Firestone, Bridgestone and many others I am forgetting now and I think they are all pretty good tires. I am on my first set of Michelin Latitudes now and I have to say that for highway and towing I will never go back. I got mine at my local Chevy Dealer and they beat everybodys price out the door and then they gave me a 50.00 rebate when i left. i Never have done any off roading but when i was a kid I remember my Dad always had big mud tires but normally they were 4 different kinds. LOL! So, I say Michelins all the way.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast