GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Sad Day-saying goodbye to an old friend

I am having to say goodbye to my longest Chevy friend(owned for 14 years). My plans for restoration and keeping this for a play vehicle fell second to needing funds for a new front yard, landcaping, and a new deck. Sad to see her go, but she needs a new home. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1143593159.html
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Oh man, if you weren't in WA I'd but it from you in a heartbeat. I know how much you like the truck. I'm so sorry. But hey, it's not too late to change your mind. Who needs a yard, with that thing you can find all the beautiful yard you want anywhere.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend
    Blog Entries

I don't know much about those style trucks, but aren't they kind of rare to find with the removable top? I think I would like to have me a convertible top truck for the summer, and $2,500 seems very reasonable too bad I live all the way on the other side of the country! I am sure that won't be for sale for long, sad to have to let go of something like that I know.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

Darcy! She's a legend! All the off road, all the camping....

How can you sleep at night? Ok, I'm done with the guilt. Good luck. I hope she goes to someone who
    truly deserves it.

On the flip side of things, I know how you feel. Not easy to part with the one you love.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

That sucks Darcy. I love K5's. G/L with the sale.
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    I don't know much about those style trucks, but aren't they kind of rare to find with the removable top? I think I would like to have me a convertible top truck for the summer, and $2,500 seems very reasonable too bad I live all the way on the other side of the country! I am sure that won't be for sale for long, sad to have to let go of something like that I know.
    All K5 Blazers and Ford Broncos have removable rear camper tops. Now, at least down south, finding a 4X4 K5 Blazer is a tough bill to fill. Luckily, all Broncos ever produced were 4X4 (excluding Bronco IIs, but I don't consider those broncos)
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Thats a bummer man, thats a nice rig...great potential
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Blog Entries

I bought it in 1995 looking just like it did in the pictures with winch and all for $8000. She was my daily driver up until 3 years ago and everything worked, but the longer it sits (outside) It has problems and I just don't have the time or money to keep it nor can I stand to watch it go downhill. Only has probably only 5K on the crate motor and with the OBO price it will give someone a good start on a great truck.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

I'd buy it if I were closer to you. And I'd let you use it when ever you wanted to boot. I've got family all over Yakima and Snohomish, is that close to you?
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

I know how you feel, even with all the problems my burb gave me, it was tough to watch it go. I'm with the others, if you were on my seaboard I would have been all over that.
    Dan
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500 350 vortec
    1967 Jeep M725 ambulance 230 tornado
    1990 Cherokee Limited- 3 inch lift on 33's
    ...and every one of em has issues

If you have any questions or problems don't hesitate to send me or any other GMTC moderators a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast