GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default '87 S10 Blazer Fuel Pump Replacement

Hiya everyone. This is my first post as a new member.

Here's what's going on with my sit-ee-a-shun...

I've got an '87 Chevy S10 Blazer. 2WD... The thing has been sitting in my grandparents' back yard for a decade because it broke down when my uncle owned it and they just decided to let it go. Which was dumb, because when I got it back over to MY place, I found that everything was in INCREDIBLE condition. For sitting out in what is basically a field in the ******* of Texas, nothing seemed badly sun damaged, and none of the wires have been chewed through by field mice. The engine doesn't look like it's in bad shape at all, and after some investigation, I discovered I was not getting fuel to the proper places. Now, I DO NOT know alot about cars. Most of what I've learned has come from owning ****ty vehicles over the years. But I DO know you need fuel, spark, and air. And it ain't getting any fuel. =)...
    So, I had my brother and a friend who has owned this model Blazer come take a look, and after it was all said and done, a new fuel pump was recommended. So, I hustled down to O'Reilly's and bought a new pump, filter, and screen. Unfortunately, after that day, no one has returned to help me install it, so I'm left to do this by myself.

So, after doing a little internet research, I came across this forum, which has been the most helpful thus far. But, I thought I'd join up and maybe you guys could help see me through this business. Here's what I've done so far...

I've got the skid plate off, there were ten bolts.

I've disconnected my negative cable to my battery.

I've disconnected whatever the black ground wire is near the fuel tank. lol.

I've loosened the hose clamps on the only hoses I see going out of the tank, so I assume these are (or at least connected to) the fuel lines. As I said, I'm new at this kind of thing. But I'm not a total idiot, and I understand that whatever hoses are going from the tank to the truck need to be unhooked before I can finish this, so that's what I'm doing.

I will now be putting a support jack under the tank, with a board in between for stabilization, unbolting the two metal straps, and hopefully lowering the tank down without any further problems or rust in my eye.

I have started nearly every line in this post with "I".

I will let you guys know how it goes.

n.

Jr. Apprentice

Would you be interested in selling your blazer?

Jr. Apprentice

Default " I"

When you are the only one doing it. I works just fine. Unless the LORD does it for you......

Quote Originally Posted by truheel1 View Post
    When you are the only one doing it. I works just fine. Unless the LORD does it for you......
    What the hell are you talking about, man?

n.