GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Several projects for the day

Well after the hit and run yesterday i have a bit of work ahead of me today....today im ripping off all the fake chrome off the bottom half of the truck, as well as debadgeing the whol thing, and painting the bowtie, im think black. aswell as doing my own window tint...Amy if you read this I stole your idea and mounted some driving lights behind the grill....it looks great, although i have to figure out how to brace that bar, becouse i notice alot of bouncing going down the road....anyway pics will be up later...wish me luck with that window tinting. god i hate doing that...
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

good luck with that friend
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I see you have the stock grille shell still in the truck, I do too but I also have a beefy billett grille insert in my grille shell. I think the billet grille stiffens up the grille shell, mine don't bounce around like that and my truck rides really ruff compared to stock. What did you do get the round 6" lights, or did you go with the rectangular one's? As a matter of fact I also put lock washers and nuts on mine just in case, I was just avoiding drilling any holes in the OEM parts that would cause weakening. See that's why you should never listen to a girl!
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Ok So i didnt get to the window tint at all today, but i did strip the sides of the truck to get rid of that fake chrome siding, and took the LS badge off the sides aswell, it looks alot cleaner that way..I also stripped the back door panel off and popped out most of the dent. theres still a small dent were i could reach to pop it out though do to it being behind a support so i think ill have to go down and get one of those dents removers....Anyone know if they actually work.... Oh and I also did some first time custom painting under the hood, cameras down so I dont have any pics up yet but ill let yall know when i get them up....I painted most of the plastic parts still alittle to do. first time with the paint really so its not the best, but its all a trial run for now.ill sand it all down again and repaint it but the paint I used was a dark blue with metal flakes and it looks hella good. I plan on doing the inside aswell with the same blue, but probably without the metal flakes....anyway thats all for now stay tuned for more....
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

OK so my phone is pretty cool, and I learned something new about it today. anyway heres a crappy pic of the painting I did...for my first i dont think its hella bad.
    Last edited by Scooter; 04-21-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Default custom Paint

Just thought i would give this a bump to see what people thought of the colors of the custom paint before going all out

I think it looks great where did you get the paint at.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Legend
    Blog Entries

Honestly scooter where did the blue idea come from? Your truck is totally not going with that color, I am sorry for being blunt but that is too wild of a color for your truck. I think it came out great though for your first time, just trying to stay honest about my opinions. I think a nice candy red or something would have been nicer, or maybe chevy orange metallic. I don't know I'm just not feeling the cosmic blue thing.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap