GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: P0894:(

Default P0894:(

Hello

I really need your help

i have a chevy silverado 2007 classic body 2500 HD Ext.Cab, i bougt it new from the dealer .
    i notiesed that the engine sign on , so i toke my ride to the dealer and they said that they flashed my "OBD" !!! and the code was ((P0894)) . after 3 hours the sign come back and they said they have to open the transmition to check what is the problem !!!!! the broplem is the trans. 3rd to 4th gear are rough and some time its smoothe , some times the geares are smothe and after 45 minute the gears are unbilevable its like a transgo .

please help me i like my ride like my son and i allready name it BOSHANNOF.
    when i searched online there was so many opinions
    1-change the trans.
    2-reflash the OBD
    3-change tourqe converter
    4-drive on overrive mode

and i thing that you have to now that i'm useing the Superchips, i thought when i remove the programmer the broplem will go but still same thing.

and if anyone know the type on my transmition is it 4L60E or 4L80E !!!!!!!!!

pleaseeeeeee help me
    Last edited by gandulf2003; 05-04-2009 at 05:32 PM.

in the 2500Hd you have the 4L80E tranny.
    P0894 code is Transmission component slipping.

Charlie Wheatley

Houston, Texas
    832-891-1798
    Email:charlie@gowheatley.com
    Live street tunes, or custom mail ordered to your application needs!
    Custom Tuning available for 96-09 GM trucks and SUV's

Quote Originally Posted by wheatley View Post
    in the 2500Hd you have the 4L80E tranny.
    P0894 code is Transmission component slipping.
    OK but the Transmission component slipping can be fixed or not???

Jr. Engineer

drive it till it dies, and rebuild it.

thats what I would suggest.

you could get 100k on it, or 10k, you never know...but either way... you can limp it to the shop.

1993 K1500 Suburban 350TBI, 378,486KMS on frame, 49,000KMS on Drivetrain. Lots of mods, built for haulin trailers and haulin @$$ :)

2000 K2500 Yukon XL 6.0L Vortec 252000KMS custom CAI, and exhaust...but not done yet.

"If you are dumb enough to do something you don't know how to do, and can't do it safely then WHEN you get hurt its your own fault...BONEHEAD"

Quote Originally Posted by L0sts0ul View Post
    drive it till it dies, and rebuild it.

thats what I would suggest.

you could get 100k on it, or 10k, you never know...but either way... you can limp it to the shop.

thats mean the dealer was right about change the trans. or re built it, how comes this issue happened to a heavey duty trans. !!!!!

now if i will rebiult the trans. can i upgrade it!!! and how?

Jr. Engineer

just happens man, its the way of things. HAuling and not using a tranny cooler? wrong oil? so on and so forth.

bringing old thread back, Am having the same problem here, and I have had the trans changed but that did not solve the problem, any ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade tree mechanic View Post
    bringing old thread back, Am having the same problem here, and I have had the trans changed but that did not solve the problem, any ideas!
    A P0894 as you know is a slip code. The PCM sees a difference between input and output speed and the calculation indicates a slip. A can be a torque converter slipping or a faulty speed sensor or something causing a false signal that the PCM sees as a slip. You can throw parts at this but the best way to pinpoint the problem is to drive the vehicle while watching the PIDS on a scanner. You can see if the speed sensors are working correctly and that the torque converter is or isn't working as it should. You will need a professional scanner to do this like a Tech II, Snap On or the like.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible