GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have one... It's only a few months old but it went on simple and as mentioned it leaks a bit. I still think it's better then most and the locking part is great!
    JTS

we have one on a colorado at work. its probably four years old. ours doen't flip up against the back window so the three sections lay on top of each other in the front of the bed. i don't like this feature. i'm not sure if the newer style has the option of a quick relase giving it the ability to be completely removed without unbolting it. if it does i would definitely suggest getting one. i will say however the rubber covering the hinges on ours cracked and split and serves no purpose anymore.
    bd1326

2005 Chevy Silverado 6.0 Vortec 4X4
    K&N Air Filter: Stock Replacement
    E3 Spark Plugs
    Magnaflow Single Exit Exhaust
    Rough Country Leveling Kit
    Skyjacker Add-a-Leaf
    Much More To Come

"Understeer is hitting the wall with the front of your car. Oversteer is hitting it with the rear."
    - NASCAR driver "Fireball" Roberts.

I shopped the Bakflip, but ended up getting the Extang for its' all metal construction. I have been really pleased so far.
    Don't think Meat - Throw the ball...Crash Davis

I just installed a Bakflip on my 09 Silverado. Next day Florida rains showed up and poured down rain all day long. Went out to my truck next morning. The cover leaked and some water had collected on the sides and front of the plastic bedliner. Not a big deal but still a little disatisfied. Again though were talking Florida rains with gusts of winds slamming gallons of water on top of this thing by the minute.

I received my cover and it had a slight dent in it from shipping. That too wasn't such a big deal, but on top of the leak and the dent I'm having another issue. Every single piece on the cover flips down perfectly. All pieces snap in except the back piece, only on the passenger side. Its very strange. The snap part is about 3/16inch above the rail. I press down firm and it pushes the rail down and I'm sure with any more force I'll bend the railing system. I put one more shim spacer in to bring the rail up and still doesn't snap although closer. If I put another shim in the rail itself sits off the factory bed caps and water leaks in. I've been leaning towards a bent rail from the start so we will see. I'm going back and forth with the company I bought it from and will be sending them a video. Bak themselves told me I installed the cover wrong however after reviewing my install several times, even watching the online installation video, the fact I own an automotive accessory company with experience installing parts, I know something else is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    I shopped the Bakflip, but ended up getting the Extang for its' all metal construction. I have been really pleased so far.

Did you install this over bed rail caps? I was looking at the Extang Trifecta today.

[QUOTE=mayers2007;177681]Did you install this over bed rail caps? I was looking at the Extang Trifecta today.[/QUOTE

]It sits on top of the rails so it doesn't cut down on bed space. It's easy to fold, and remove too.
    Don't think Meat - Throw the ball...Crash Davis

[quote=catbert;179265]
    Quote Originally Posted by mayers2007 View Post
    Did you install this over bed rail caps? I was looking at the Extang Trifecta today.[/QUOTE

]It sits on top of the rails so it doesn't cut down on bed space. It's easy to fold, and remove too.

Thanks for the information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12