GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Hub Centric Wheels????????

i have no clue about hub centric wheels or even when they are required, can sumbody tell about em and when i would need to run em?
    I own a 2007 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (new body style). my truck is Red and has the 4.8, basically stock but i got big plans.

From what I understand, they are plastic washers that center the rim correctly when installed. The washer is usually part of the rim sale if needed. Maybe someone else can add to this but that is what I was told when I was going to change rims on my former car.
    2006 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Short box

Hubcentric just means that the center of the rim is bored to a precise diameter to fit the hub, this is used to ensure the rim is centered on the hub properly which eliminates vibration on large diameter rims, as opposed to the studs being used to center the rim. To ensure proper fitment you should run hubcentric rims on your '07 with the centerbore being 78.3mm and a lug pattern of 6x139.7, hope this helps.
    Adam

thanks yall

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Hubcentric just means that the center of the rim is bored to a precise diameter to fit the hub, this is used to ensure the rim is centered on the hub properly which eliminates vibration on large diameter rims, as opposed to the studs being used to center the rim. To ensure proper fitment you should run hubcentric rims on your '07 with the centerbore being 78.3mm and a lug pattern of 6x139.7, hope this helps.
    x2. good info once again
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

i have never heard of that before. good question
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cascott325 View Post
    i have never heard of that before. good question
    G.M. went to hubcentric rims for the '99 body style change, and also made the 2wd and 4wd able to use the same rim whereas before '99 the 2wd used a 5 lug pattern and 4wd used a 6 lug patern