GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Great customer service Amazon.com!

I live in the sticks and sometimes its just easier and cheaper to order the parts online than in town.

Rockauto.com has been great as well as PacePerformance.com (Pace) but I never really thought about Amazon.com for truck parts like hoses and the likes.

Well I got a pinhole leak in the upper radiator hose and went to get another locally it was $26.99 (part #E71881) so I did a search for comparable hoses found a Gates hose on Amazon for $12.62 with free 2 day shipping!

The hose came in and it looked right on the money but I did notice a little line near a label flexed the hose and it was a slice where the packer had tried to cut off the tag or when they opened the box Arg!

So went online got a return slip free shipping back and in the comment section told them why, about an hour later I get a email from customer service at Amazon.com.

The email said they were sorry about the hose and they are sending out a replacement overnight! Wow that is great I think but we will see.

10 o clock the wife calls and Fed Ex just dropped of the new hose!

So a big thumbs up to Amazon.com for having the part for less and excellent customer service!
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 11-05-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

i always check amazon before i check ebay. i have never had to go the customer service route, but they are a great company
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

That's awesome, it looks like a lot of people are finding good deals on Amazon. I might sign-up to become an Amazon aff partner so people can start their amazon shopping here and it will help to keep the site running.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.