GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interior Lights

Default Interior Lights

I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 ext.cab 4wd, 4.8L. I noticed the other day that my passenger side climate control hot and cold adjuster light is out. Then i saw that the drivers side was out but when i touched it it came back on. Any expertise or advice is much appreciated.

I had that same problem with my truck after getting my alarm installed. The light would be off but when I flicked the panel it would come back on. The way I fixed it was by taking the dash apart and checking the wires in the back. Sure enough they were a little lose so I pushed them in real good and haven't had a problem with them since. Hope this helps.

Legend

My bulbs burnt out and got new ones from the dealership for like $2 and they just quick put them in, I dont think they are a normal plug and play bulb though
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Default Any Luck ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerado View Post
    I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 ext.cab 4wd, 4.8L. I noticed the other day that my passenger side climate control hot and cold adjuster light is out. Then i saw that the drivers side was out but when i touched it it came back on. Any expertise or advice is much appreciated.
    Blazerado .... My drivers side climate control light just went out also a few days ago and hasn't came back on by touching it or flicking it .... Did you end up having to replace the bulb ? .... it sounds like you just had a bad connection though !?
    " Bow Tie Till I Die "

2003 Silverado Z71 1500 5.3L, K&N CAI Intake, FlowMaster American Thunder, Max Energy Hypertech, 6 in. SuperLift (Bracket Style), 20 in. Mazzi Hulks, 33 in. Open Country M/T, High Capacity Polished Rear-end Cover, Royal Purple Fluid Rear-End Fluid, Mobile 1 Motor Oil, Kenwood 7100 Deck, Rear-View Camera

1978 Blazer, 6 in. Skyjacker Lift, 36X13.50-16 Iroks, Black Steel Simulated Bead Lock Rims, SB 400 .... currently looking for DANA 60 front & 14-Bolt rear Axles

Master Mechanic

ive got the same problem on the pass. side but no flickering..just out..bulb im guessing?same problem with a few of the buttons on the steering wheel
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Blog Entries

you have to break into the HVAC to fix those bulbs.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|
    Future Mods: 6.0 LQ4/9| Bags|

Quote Originally Posted by 2ToNe04 View Post
    you have to break into the HVAC to fix those bulbs.
    Gee, thats great ! ..... is it possible to break into it intelligently without destroying the unit/controls to replace those bulbs .... and put it back together intelligently ?

Or is this a .... " Leave it to a Professional .... job "
    " Bow Tie Till I Die "

2003 Silverado Z71 1500 5.3L, K&N CAI Intake, FlowMaster American Thunder, Max Energy Hypertech, 6 in. SuperLift (Bracket Style), 20 in. Mazzi Hulks, 33 in. Open Country M/T, High Capacity Polished Rear-end Cover, Royal Purple Fluid Rear-End Fluid, Mobile 1 Motor Oil, Kenwood 7100 Deck, Rear-View Camera

1978 Blazer, 6 in. Skyjacker Lift, 36X13.50-16 Iroks, Black Steel Simulated Bead Lock Rims, SB 400 .... currently looking for DANA 60 front & 14-Bolt rear Axles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S1lverad0 View Post
    Gee, thats great ! ..... is it possible to break into it intelligently without destroying the unit/controls to replace those bulbs .... and put it back together intelligently ?

Or is this a .... " Leave it to a Professional .... job "
    leave it to a profesional job.

Maybe it will just be cheaper to buy another HVAC from a junkyard or ebay.

When i got the LED bulbs done in my HVAC i noticed they had to break into it, to get into the bulbs. Also i think there Soldered in there.

2004 4.8| Custom Paint| Tint| De-badged| Shaved Tailgate| Rollpan| Smoked Tails| Color Matched| Lowered 5/8| Suede Interior| Color Matched Interior| Indash & TVs| Mids-Lows & 2 12" CVRs| 500 & 1100 Interfires| Soundeadener| Outlaw CAI| Magnaflow|

Master Mechanic

i think i can just live with the dark spots if its gonna be that much trouble
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redneckarmyMP View Post
    i think i can just live with the dark spots if its gonna be that much trouble
    no one will tell lol, its not like people go on your truck and look for burnt bulbs haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast