GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation Annoying squeal driving me insane!!

having the same squeal and mine also started after putting on my intake however i dont see how that would have any effect.

i know for sure its not the serp belt so i guess i need to check the AC belt, bearings, and tensioner.

not too sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed on simliar thread someone mentioned the AC compressor and i remembered that before fixing front end collision damage last summer i had to have vacuumed out all the AC gasses from the lines so i could un hook everything and never got the AC recharged, i did this before leaving for boot camp last summer so i forgot all about it and the guy who did it for me told me not to run the AC and now that its heating up i realised i ran my AC and couldnt figure out why it was spitting out hot air.

could that have an effect on the compressor that could be causing the squeal?
    will keep an update.
    90' Chevy Silverado 1500
    Suspension: Belltech 2" Drop Spindles
    Paint/Body: Silver Metalic w/ Red & White pinstriping, steel cowl induction hood, custom billet grille
    Interior/Electronics: Under Construction
    Wheels/Tires: American Racing Chrome Baja 17x8 / Wrapped in TOYO Proxes ST II
    Engine/Trans/Perf: EFI 5.7 Liter 350 cid V-8 w/ 700R4 Trans.
    K&N 57 Series FIPK II CAI
    40 series Flows

HOORAH SEABEE's!! :fighting0037:SHOOT TO KILL!!

Legend

When does it actually squeal? Under load or just at idol, in gear when turnign the tires and not moving, need some more info/details.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by norcalbear05 View Post
    having the same squeal and mine also started after putting on my intake however i dont see how that would have any effect.

i know for sure its not the serp belt so i guess i need to check the AC belt, bearings, and tensioner.

not too sure if this has anything to do with it but i noticed on simliar thread someone mentioned the AC compressor and i remembered that before fixing front end collision damage last summer i had to have vacuumed out all the AC gasses from the lines so i could un hook everything and never got the AC recharged, i did this before leaving for boot camp last summer so i forgot all about it and the guy who did it for me told me not to run the AC and now that its heating up i realised i ran my AC and couldnt figure out why it was spitting out hot air.

could that have an effect on the compressor that could be causing the squeal?
    will keep an update.
    here's you a link to anything and everything to do with the a/c compressor...http://www.aa1car.com/library/2003/ic50350.htm... this should help you determine if thats the problem or not..... my second guess would be the idler pulley, those are pretty common to seize up.
    Last edited by 1_low_rider; 05-13-2009 at 12:17 AM.
    Scott-Mississippi
    1996 Silverado
    *Mostly stock for now
    *Soon to be airbag project..

thanks for the help but i think i have it pin pointed to maybe a bearing in the alt., sprayed some and seemed to go away for a while then came back.

will try a few more things and let ya know. thanks again