GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: wax and polish

where ever the pipeline takes me in canada
    Blog Entries

Default wax and polish

i whant to wax my truck this week but dont know what brand is the best what do u gus us when waxing and polishing your rigs

i use the Meguiar's DEEP CRYSTAL® SYSTEM POLISH and the Meguiar's NXT GENERATION TECH WAX® 2.0. I also use the Meguiar's GOLD CLASS™ TRIM DETAILER™ for all the black plastic and I use the Meguiar's NXT GENERATION™ INSANE SHINE™ TIRE COATING for my tires.

I guess u could say i'm a big fan of Meguiar's products.

Good luck and let's see some pics when u get her all prettied up!
    -Nick
    2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, Z71 Appearance Package, Vortec 5.3L AFM
    Victory Red, Ebony Cloth
    Custom pin striping, Bed Rail Protectors, GM Bed Liner, Husky Liner Floor Liners, Tint, Wade In-Channel Window Visors, Tractor Supply Black Low Profile Toolbox

I use Mothers products. I have not tried the newer FX line yet though. Meguier's is also a great product. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

If you want easy, I use Eagle 1 Nanowax after every wash, it's one of those liquid spray on waxes. I can wipe down the whole truck in 45 mins or less. It gives a nice shine with very little buffing with no swirl marks. Also the great thing I like about it is I can use it on all surfaces, chrome, black plastic, stainless steel, headlights and taillights everything except the glass, but if you do get it on the glass it doesn't make a mess. It is keeping my headlights looking like new and it makes bugs and other debris easy to remove at the next wash.
    Adam

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20679

go to that thread, and follow it to this guy's web site. it is made here in america by one of our very own members. i ordered one of their free samples, send them a pm and ask about a free sample. after i used up the sample, i quickly tossed out my old soap and bought some of his grape smelling purple stuff. it works absolutely flawlessly. i also purchased some of their tire shine. it lasted through a week of driving in the rain on a 60 mile daily commute
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

i think to each their own....i myself , i've used nothing but turtle wax products... and i've been tickled to death on the results... i say do alittle research,find a brand you like and rock on!!! good luck!

1997 chevy suburban LT (LOADED)

Cool wax and polish

I have a black Z-71 thats always outside. I wax every month with Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26. Twice a year I polish with Meguiares Show Car Glaze #7 before I wax. Most people think the paint on truck is aftermarket because of depth and shine.