GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GM may export China-built cars to U.S.

General Motors Corp. plans to begin exports of vehicles made in China to the United States within two years, ramping up sales to more than 50,000 by 2014, reports said Wednesday.

More...

Time to start checking where it was assembled BEFORE you buy.
    I can live with my Canadian one but I'll be damned if I buy one that was assembled in Mexico or China.
    96' Silverado 4x4
    350 Vortec, 195k,

I have always check the door sticker before buying. I work in a lot of the plants around the Detroit area and try and buy models made there. There is no way I will ever buy a China truck.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I think that they're only going to make cars to export, not trucks. Even so, i dont want to find the "made in china" sticker on my panel in the future. This might not be a good idea for GM. I dont know anyone who trusts China made products.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Legend

My guess it will only be BUICKS, they are HUUUUGE in China!! They are by far the best selling vehicle for GM over there.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

i own a Subaru WRX that was assembled in Japan, i can't complain about the craftsmanship and durability of the car. the only gripe i have with it is if anything happens to mess up the parts cost about 3 times as much as American Made vehicle parts. i dont see why a Slant Eye would have any more trouble standing on the assembly line and tightening his 4 bolts as the car goes by than an American worker would over here?!! PERSONALLY I WOULDNT BUY ANOTHER VEHICLE MADE OVERSEAS EITHER, but they have to have the same standards and quality to be sold in the US anyways.....everything made over here is being made by cheaper standards anyways, i dont like the idea of driving a pepsi can on wheels any more than the next person!..... what happened to the good old days when cars were think and heavy and wouldnt dent when you rubbed your hand across it!???
    Scott-Mississippi
    1996 Silverado
    *Mostly stock for now
    *Soon to be airbag project..

I didn't say that the Chinese would do a bad job, Just I don't want my $$ going there on a major purchase.
    Yes I do shop at Wally World.
    I also don't want to buy Mexican products as they have too many illegals here sucking off my back pocket.
    I still can't understand how illegals can get a drivers license and free health care and schooling here.

Please don't make this a political debate, Just venting.

[quote=Please don't make this a political debate, Just venting. [/quote]
    my thoughts exactly, didnt mean to open a can of worms. i had a job offered to me for the Toyota company last month and turned it down. I won't work to support another country.