GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Calling all Deep Ruby Metallic Silverado's

I'm trying to get some ideas for wheels, tires, and general appearance mods for my 08 deep ruby metallic silverado. Having a hard time finding pics of this color truck that guys have customized. Any help out there? I'm thinking about moto metal rims 18x9s with 33/12.5 tires on a 2.5" leveling kit. Possibly gonna black out the badges at some point too. But I'm not sure if chrome or these black rims linked below (also considering black rockstars) would look good on such a deep shade of red. Thanks guys.
    http://www.westkycustoms.com/product...&utm_campaign=

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1282177
    Ruby Red Metallic 2008 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab -- Rancho 4" Lift, 20x10 Chrome XD Rockstars, 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains

I love the KMC Rockstars and I would think they would look awesome on that color, however, I like the look of those motos too with the silver parts on the lip. you have a good eye for rims haha
    Last edited by Pete95Sierra; 05-14-2009 at 03:34 PM.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

I think they changed the color codes beacause my code is dark cherry metallic. Cruser alloy makes alot of good looking wheels for the silverado and they are not to hight priced. I paid 1100 for my wheels and tires. Man go chrome stay away from the black. Chrome really makes the color pop and stand out. I was going to get black till i put the rims on and it just didnt work. You will never go wrong with chrome. Cruser alloy also makes a craiger type wheel that looks good. If you go to my ablum I have more pics
    Last edited by heavy chevy; 02-02-2010 at 04:10 PM.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

Sr. Apprentice

Hmm, I think our trucks are just different colors altogether. In your pics, I can barely make out a red tint, your shade of red is very very dark. Mine is more red, kind of a burgundy color. I do like yours though, I didn't even know that color existed.
    Ruby Red Metallic 2008 Silverado Z71 Ext Cab -- Rancho 4" Lift, 20x10 Chrome XD Rockstars, 305/55/20 BFG Mud Terrains

X2 on chrome wheels, they can look really good with the right color paint , but in the end it's what you like that matters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0512091635a.jpg  
    Adam

Sr. Apprentice

Any opinions on just general care and maintenance for chrome wheels vs. black wheels? I understand that, over time, chrome wheels can oxidize and polishing is necessary every so often to keep them looking their best. Is that true? Seems like I wouldn't have the same problem with black wheels.

You shouldn't have much of a problem in NM but up here in the north east road salt is a killer, my wheels will be replaced with the stock wheels during the winter, the best way I've found to protect them is with a good coat of wax regularly applied, it's worked well on my wife's car so far, her rims are on year round.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0321091101a.jpg  
    Adam

You have to worry about the black fading. There are gonna be about the same amount of care in both types of rims. To me it is better to pay the extra ammount for chrome. Plus if you decide to sell them you are more likely to get more money for them. If you take care of your vehicle which im sure you do you shouldnt have a problem keeping the chrome looking nice. It just takes about an extra 10 minutes a wash to take care of the chrome rims. You will have to take the same ammount of care on the black rims to keep them looking nice.
    08 silverado
    K&N cai
    single in dual out cherry bomb pro
    leveling kit
    custom painted bow ties
    Bed liner
    Tinted windows
    20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
    Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
    1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
    100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
    SS front bumper
    Matching painted front grill and bow ties

the deep ruby metallic and Dark cherry Metallic are 2 totally different colors. I was playing around on the chevy site yesterday building my dream silverado haha
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I like chrome everything, but as the guys have already said it is your truck and ultimately your decision. I think the black wheels are kind of a downer unless you have a dark vehicle, you are going to make that beautiful candy paint cry. I do like the moto metal wheels (wouldn't mind the Camaro convertible in the background either!), and seeing as how you are going to black out your badges I would say that would give you a nice combination. As far as cleaning them, well I have always had chrome wheels and I have never had a set that I could buff out and bring them back to life. One they start to oxidize you are screwed pretty much, but as long as you keep on top of it you would be fine. Aluminum wheels you can bring back to life, but they are a ton of maintenance to keep looking good. I have never cleaned black wheels so I can't say, good luck to whatever wheel you choose.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap