GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Here are some videos of the lights on my truck, the halo's aren't wired up yet so they aren't on here but they will be shortly. Thanks for checking out this thread, and hopefully it inspires someone else to try it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0WC63xMYrg"]YouTube - No HID's Needed![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCaRIHGaewE"]YouTube - Silverado Projector Headlights[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1DOrwaR2s"]YouTube - Silverado rear view[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-psa0rMKQ"]YouTube - Matrix projector headlights[/ame]
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Legend

Blog Entries

Thanks for the great write-up. I'm sure this will come in handy in helping someone get courage enough to try this (or parts of) out.

Good job, and looks great.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

hmm i wonder if it is possible to make the homemade halos so that they will fit in the stock headlights??

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 5speedsilverado View Post
    hmm i wonder if it is possible to make the homemade halos so that they will fit in the stock headlights??
    Actually I am going to swap meets to find a set of cheap stock headlights to try it in, I know it will work but you would have to drill two more holes in the back of the headlight to run the wires. You would just have to split the headlight open, and then find a household object that would fit inside and then use it for a template and make some experimental rings. I like the projector headlights now that they work, but If I had to do it again I would at least try a set of OEM one's first. If I buy a set I will post it up on this thread how it goes, but I am on the look out for a set.

im gonna try to do it, i just dont want to open up the headlights yet, but i was going to do them with red halos on a switch, just cause they look cool, no function for me

hey amy what brand of head lights are those?? i found it easier just to get new head lights, and found these

http://www.k2motor.com/lblhpsiv03jmtm.html

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mine are Matrix projector headlights, when I bought mine they were $350 for all four pieces from Sport truck direct. So for you to get all four pieces for $215 is an awesome buy, but the one thing I noticed is they do still have the amber reflector on the side of the headlight, I have never seen a set of projectors where they left the amber marker in the housing like that. I would look around some more for a set without the amber markers in them, but if you are going to change the halo to red then you are going to have to open the headlight anyways. BTW-The black housing actually gives a cleaner look to the halo too, you don't have all of the reflection off the chrome housing.

thanks for the info, im still not quite sure about doing red halos btw you can ignore the pm i sent you cause i was asking the same thing, but i didn't realize you replied to it. is jdm a good brand??

Blog Entries

Amy, I am glad you put this thread up. i want to do some custom lighting for my truck and there are some things in here that will definitely help. Awesome write up.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys for the nice comments, and Bryan I can't wait to see your write-up for your lights. It's kind of a shame with my headlights, I did all that work and now they are just sitting in there boxes again. My dad won't let me put them in his truck, because he doesn't like them I guess. I will put them on eventually I am sure, I just have to put a really good guilt trip on!