GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default finished new computer chair

just finished my computer chair and would like some help. the chair is a 84 fiero bucket seat attached to a regular chair base and has reclineing capabilitys. but i need some suggestions on how to hook speakers up to my computer speaker output, at a resonable price. i thought of wireless headphones, useing the headphones as the reciever for the speakers in the seat. anyone got any ideas?also how the hell do i post a picture of this?

I don't have any suggestions on this. But I think that I speak for everyone when I say that I want to see a picture of this when it's done.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

it is done and i'm sitting in it as i type. it is usable just the speakers arenot working as of yet because the wife doesnt want wires going from the chair to computer.
    again how do i post a pic?

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

You can get bluetooth wireless speakers. Bluetooth is the PWAN (Personal Wireless Area Network). It should go like 10-20 feet wirelessly with no problem.

To post a picture:

Click the Reply button. Don't use the quick reply box.

Enter the URL where the picture is located. Highlight it. Then click the Img button.

http://www.stevebluhm.com/prestonc-250.gif

""

"img]http://www.stevebluhm.com/prestonc-250.gif[/img]

Just like that.

Jr. Engineer

Man that sounds like a cool project, Bluetooth or IR is probably the only choice you'll have to avoid the wires. Can't wait to see it. If you continue to have photo problems you can email it to me and I will post it on my site for you.

You could go bluetooth, or IR. Probably better off with bluetooth since IR can be interupted/blocked. I did something similar once, but tried it with the wired speakers (too cheap to invest in wireless). Believe me, your wife has the right idea. Those wires are a real hassle, and there's a better chance of you slicing, crushing, destroying the wires. Never mind the possible trip hazard. I would check the local Radioshack for a wireless headset. Probably the least expensive way to go.

http://www.radioshack.com/category.a...6%5F000&Page=1

i have a set of old 900 mhz headphones in a box from when they first came out but they dont work anymore so i'm looking into a new set. i really don't need a set of speakers they are in the seat already, came that way on the 84 fieros. RF for the distance i want should be more than enuf just wonder if the headphones will have enuf power to run the origanal 3.5" pair of speakers in the headrest? what do you think? still working on pics.

OK Steve i tried but i cant get pics up so i'm sending them to you by email i hope that works. i have a hard time sending pics on my email address.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by