GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default So I'm watching a rodeo on tv and I think there should be more rules.

Ok, so here are my few thoughts on what I'm watching right now. When I see bullriding and all I keep thinking the same thing an I'm not sure anyone can change my mind. They need to add a few rules - ones that influence the scoring.

1. If you wear a helmet you should have points deducted. There's something about a "cowboy" wearing a helmet that just doesn't sit right with me. I wouldn't think it right to see a face guard on a boxer. I don't think it's right for a cowboy to wear a helmet.

2. If you do the hobbling thing after your ride you should have points deducted. If you're that sore stay at home. The "I'm about crippled but I'm here because riding is my life and I ride through the pain" b/s doesn't work anywhere else but in your own mind. No one thinks you're tougher because you hobble. I think you're a faker. You're not hobbling any other time and you didn't have a nasty spill. Stay home you poor, sore man.

3. If you do that punching of the wall or gate, or kicking of anything because of your 'anger' at having had a bad run...guess what..?...right! You should have points deducted. Be professional, take it like a man. If you have so much testosterone that you feel the need to hit something ("grrrrrr!!! AAAArrrrrr!!") then do it when the camera is not around. My guess is that you wouldn't be doing it without them.

4. If you get on camera and say anything to the effect of "well, I'm feeling really good tonight and I think there's a good chance I come away with the win here..." .....well... you shouldn't be allowed to ride. If you didn't think you' be ready for a good night and that there's a chance you might win, then you wouldn't be there. I've not heard ONCE someone get on camera and say "no, tonight is going to totally suck and I've got awful feelings about my riding tonight. I think I'm going to tank."

Ok...back to truck stuff...thought I'd ramble for a few.
    Last edited by Springthing; 05-17-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Typo? ME??? NEVAH!!!!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Legend
    Blog Entries

I was trying to think of something really cool to say, but I can't think of anything right now. Your post baffled me I guess, I am starting to laugh now so I guess you made my night! If I don't know what else to say........for the first time in my life I am speechless.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I agree with most of what you are saying. One of my lil cousins does rodeo riding. If he really wants to do the cowboy rodeo thing great for him but do it with style like the original cowboys did without the helmets.
    Peter

2007 Silverado LT Crew NNBS 5.3
    Stock 20"
    Black Powdercoated Billet Gas Door
    LineX Bedliner
    Go Rhino Dom II Bars
    Work in Progress
    1952 Chrysler 2dr Windsor } Mine and Dad's
    1966 Ford Mustang

Former Cars
    2000 civic hx Moded
    1993 Probe simi moded
    1985 Nissan 4x4 Kingcab

So*Cal Group

I agree with everything except the helmets. I rode for 4 years and never wore one. But, under the suggestion of a girlfriend at the time, I did try a helmet while practicing once and couldn't believe the difference it made.....for the worse. It throws off your balance just enough and also hinders your vision of everything you're used to seeing. The helmets are safer (maybe a non cowboy wussey move) but they actually make it harder to ride in my opinion. More power to someone wearing a helmet for safety knowing how goofy they look in it.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, but my point is.. if you are worried about safety then maybe sitting on the back of a raving mad 1500lb animal with horns that's thrashing about while you hang on with an upturned hand is not for you. lol

Amy, speechless? I'm flattered!

you should become a judge and redefine the sport!!!
    Scott-Mississippi
    1996 Silverado
    *Mostly stock for now
    *Soon to be airbag project..

i didnt even know they had rodeos on tv

PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Legend
    Blog Entries

I am still speechless about this thread, I honestly don't know what to say.

When I was in school I took a poetry class and I found out that I really like cowboy poetry, I went to a PBR tournament when it came to Cleveland and it was so much fun to watch. Some of the guys even wear a bulletproof vest looking thing, and then a neck brace that sticks up out of there shirt. It's even more exciting if you have a couple beers while your watching it, okay now I'm back to being speechless!

If i see a guy wobble when he gets off his bull, i think "man, that guy's a whimp. suck it up, this aint the first bull you've rode...i hope"
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by