GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Database Error

Default Database Error

Just curious. Is anyone getting an error from time to time on the board?

Basicly says "error connecting to the database"?

Keep me informed it you're getting it. I need to talk to my web host if it keeps up.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

That error message has been coming up since Friday night, when I registered, profile and posted, I got by it refreshing the screen when it came up but it took several tries at times.
    Thanks for the concern, I truly like your site but that has been frustrating.

Marty
    95 (BRATBUS) Suburban

Default Database Error Anyone?

Thanks for the feedback. I emailed my webhost last night to see what the problem was, I should hear back first thing monday morning.

I just upgraded my account on the webhost to handle the volume that these 4 GMC sites are generating. Seriously, we're going to get close to drawing about 100,000 pageviews/month with about 5GB sent.

I think that they must have moved the servers around when they upgraded my account, but the new configuration is not working. My last good database backup is from the middle of the week. I would hate to lose that information if it were something in the database that was corrupt.

I don't think that it is, becuase it works fine 90% of the time, and then it goes screwy 10% of the time.

I don't get any error messages, but when I try to log in, it brings me to either my control panel, or a blank page, and will not let me go any further.
    this was actually the first time I was able to log in, and be able to post a message. The only thing I did differently was to click on a user name, to which it asked for me to log in, then it gave me the user profile, and I could navigate from there. In regards to Davady's thread about PM's it was from me, as is the one I just sent to you Steve. From my end I show both PM's in my "outbox" only, and nothing in my "sentbox" Everything I said in the PM to you Steve is basically the same thing in this reply, simply because I don't think you're going to get the PM I sent.

Hope this info helps!

just noticed that the login problem for me only happens when I use the side bar login.