GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: e3 spark plugs?

Default e3 spark plugs?

is it worth spending my time to swap oemplugs for e3 spark
    2008 1500 LTZ 5.3L V8
    *LIFTED
    *EDGE EVOLUTIOIN
    *KMC WHEELS
    *ALPINE SYSTEM

I have an 07 Sierra with the 4.3L and a 5 spd manual. I swapped the stock plugs for E3 plugs when I had just over 5,000 miles on my truck. I now have 17,200 miles on the truck. they have not given me any trouble. What I did notice is how much easier the truck starts. The extra power also let me lighten up on the throttle. I've been able to shave 200-300 rpm's off my shift points. Overall, I picked up 1-1.5 mpg. Not as much as I had hoped for, but every little bit helps. If you do swap plugs, post a message here as to how they work out. Best of Luck!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I have an 07 Sierra with the 4.3L and a 5 spd manual. I swapped the stock plugs for E3 plugs when I had just over 5,000 miles on my truck. I now have 17,200 miles on the truck. they have not given me any trouble. What I did notice is how much easier the truck starts. The extra power also let me lighten up on the throttle. I've been able to shave 200-300 rpm's off my shift points. Overall, I picked up 1-1.5 mpg. Not as much as I had hoped for, but every little bit helps. If you do swap plugs, post a message here as to how they work out. Best of Luck!
    That isnt enough "break in" to warrant saying that they gave me power and MPG, every GM truck takes time to break in and 5000 miles your gonna start seeing the improvements on their own anyway as everything wears in and settles. I would need to see more mileage on a truck then switching to the E3 plugs especially for the cost of those suckers!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Cool e3 spark plugs

Ive found that the stock factory plugs seem to work best on a stock to mild engines. Save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Ive found that the stock factory plugs seem to work best on a stock to mild engines. Save your money.
    x2. without a pcm recalibration to optimize performance for the new plugs its almost useless.
    97 Tahoe 5.7L, automatic, 37" tires on 20 "rims, 8" of lift
    02 avalanche 2500, 8.1L

I just bought a set of the E3.62 spark plugs for my 04 silverado 5.3. i only spent about 50 bucks and that was with some anti-seize. Bought them at pep boys. They were advertising about 6 bucks a plug.

Legend
    Blog Entries

A guy at work just put them into his 2006 Escalade EXT. and he said that he already has a .5 mileage improvement. I personally have never used them, but I would think that the best would be the AcDelco or even Bosch plugs for an upgrade.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

I have put them in my last 2 trucks & I love them. From now on when ever i got another vehicle that is the first thing I am going to buy. I really noticed a difference in my last truck (2006 Chevy Z71) with mileage...& Gracer 29 im jealous of you now because i spent about $80 on my plugs

Sr. Apprentice

I put these in the 2002 s10 I used to have, and within a week it started misfiring like crazy. Took the plugs out and found that the screw-on caps on top of the plugs had come loose. I tightened them back and reinstallled them but within a week they were loose again...JUNK!!!
    Personally, I had better luck with Bosch Platinum +4s