GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Windshield Washer Fluid Rain-X Bug Remover review

Ok I know you all have seen on the news about the weather we have been having in Florida and while driving in the downpour I really appreciated how well this product works.

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windsh...g_Remover.aspx

Rain-X Bug Remover Windshield Washer Fluid is formulated with advanced technology for streak-free cleaning power. The washer fluid applies water beading technology to your windshield for greater driving visibility.

* Instantly applies Rain-X technology to the windshield
    * Powers off bugs & road grime
    * Repels rain, mud and soil for greater visibility
    * Effective to 32 degrees F

I have used the old blue stuff for years and then I tried the Prestone and was not impressed but I tried the Rain-x and it did great on getting the love bugs off the glass and then when it rained I was really surprised it worked again.
    It leaves a trace amount of glass treatment on the windshield when you spray it and then when it rains the water just beads up and rolls up off the windshield.
    Like I have said before I'm skeptical of many wonder products but now its the only kind I use I dont mind paying more for it cause I have used it and it works.
    The wipers do not chatter and the life expectancy does not seem to be reduced with the use of this product.

Oh and for all you folks where it freezes during the winter they got you covered also
    Last edited by Dr_Zero; 05-20-2009 at 09:10 AM.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Blog Entries

Good review I was debating spending the extra money for that stuff. I'll take your word for it and splurge.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Legend

Blog Entries

Does this help with the bug smoosh when you're going down the road and run into a dragonfly or something? Normally with wipers and blue-juice it takes it, smears it, gets rid of the chunks but leave the smeared smoosh. Have you noticed if it helps take care of the smoosh?
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

I always use rain-x. I have never tried the washer fluid though. I think I will be buying a gallon of it.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

I have used it for the last 7-8 years & swear by it, works better if you dont use wipers in heavy rain.
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

I hardly ever use my wipers with the stuff. Actually right now I have AMSOIL's rain clear on, but they just discontinued it last week. The washer fluid sounds like the way to go, a lot easier than rubbing it on.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

oh hell yea, thats all i use. i used to use the blue stuff, but would put rain-x in the wiper reservoir (the stuff specific for it) but i figured i would be spending the same amount if i were to just get the stuff already to go. does a great job with bugs, and i rarely turn my wipers on in the rain. and springthing, yes it does take the smush too. usually for the tuff ones, i will turn the wipers on high and then spray a little every few seconds till clean. i have a big problem though, my passenger side squirter has decided to start squirting past the window instead of on the window... wtf, and i cant figure out how to fix it
    2000 silverado with a 5.3l v8, shorty headers, upgraded plugs, 10 mil wires, magnaflow high flow cats, flowmaster 80 series muffler(2 in 2 out) w/ 18 inch stainless silverline tips. i have a k&n CIA. its a 4x4 z71 offroad package. Ls model.
    extended cab 160k miles, truxedo low profile bed cover, diablo sport predator tuner.
    reman tranny @ 130k miles
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Does this help with the bug smoosh when you're going down the road and run into a dragonfly or something? Normally with wipers and blue-juice it takes it, smears it, gets rid of the chunks but leave the smeared smoosh. Have you noticed if it helps take care of the smoosh?
    LOL smooshes LOL Why yes it does LOL

Like the fellow said I hit it with some spray and the wipers and usually even the big yellow smears come off.
    If you use the stuff on a clean window it also helps when it comes time to clean the smooshes off.

i have a big problem though, my passenger side squirter has decided to start squirting past the window instead of on the window... wtf, and i cant figure out how to fix it
    Truthfully I have not looked at mine on the truck but on other cars If you get a straight pin and put it in the squirter hole you can aim that sucker at the windshield again.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

I have a gallon of the 2 in 1 sitting in the garage, once i get my fluid pump functioning again, I'll give it a go!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    2003 K2500 Sububan 6.0L w/Quadrasteer
    190,000 + miles

---------------------------------------------------------------

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Hmmm, might give it a try. In the next month we're heading to Flagstaff AZ for our 6 day stay at the La Quinta. Ill get some and give it a try. We spend most of a day driving across Texas-800 miles- and Texas is big central. Louisiana has lots of bugs , but Texas has a larger population of HUGE SUICIDAL bugs!

Now I use this concentrate-blue stuff maybe it is rain x?--that comes in a bottle marked in gallons of water.It seems to work ok, but I wouldn't mind something better. It mainly makes the rain bead up. The Texas panhandle has spectacular summer thunderstorms-driving, blinding rain with spectacular thunder and lightening. . You wouldn't think such a dry area would have such violent storms. I like Texas, but it can have nasty weather in the summer.

Good timing-thanks for the heads up review!
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast