GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoebeisis View Post
    Hmmm, might give it a try. In the next month we're heading to Flagstaff AZ for our 6 day stay at the La Quinta. Ill get some and give it a try. We spend most of a day driving across Texas-800 miles- and Texas is big central. Louisiana has lots of bugs , but Texas has a larger population of HUGE SUICIDAL bugs!

Now I use this concentrate-blue stuff maybe it is rain x?--that comes in a bottle marked in gallons of water.It seems to work ok, but I wouldn't mind something better. It mainly makes the rain bead up. The Texas panhandle has spectacular summer thunderstorms-driving, blinding rain with spectacular thunder and lightening. . You wouldn't think such a dry area would have such violent storms. I like Texas, but it can have nasty weather in the summer.

Good timing-thanks for the heads up review!
    Charlie
    I was half tempted to take a pic driving in to show it working but I could see me wreck and try to explain that one

There is a bug remover that has a wax in it that was developed in conjunction with the University of Floridas study about love bugs I will try to find the name for ya.
    The stuff is pretty cool cause the bugs acid in their stomachs eat the wax and paint so this cleaner helps to get the bodies free and then leaves a wax behind to help protect that area.

If you dont have a bug deflector you my consider getting one if for nothing else to protect the paint on the front of the hood I risk it and run without it but wash off the buggies pretty soon.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Legend
    Blog Entries

"but Texas has a larger population of HUGE SUICIDAL bugs!"

I'm sorry but that just cracked me up all to hell, okay my friend uses this stuff all the time and it does work. I never get my truck dirty enough to use the wipers, I think I have only used them maybe 20 times in the last 4 years. My dad will get so mad when he rides with me and there's bugs all over the windows, I think he has a case of OCD or something because it doesn't bother me at all! Thanks Dr. Zero for the review, you always seem to find this wonderous information.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    "but Texas has a larger population of HUGE SUICIDAL bugs!"

I'm sorry but that just cracked me up all to hell, okay my friend uses this stuff all the time and it does work. I never get my truck dirty enough to use the wipers, I think I have only used them maybe 20 times in the last 4 years. My dad will get so mad when he rides with me and there's bugs all over the windows, I think he has a case of OCD or something because it doesn't bother me at all! Thanks Dr. Zero for the review, you always seem to find this wonderous information.
    LOL well I agree with your dad a clean windshield is safer when you are driving as well as good wipers to keep the windshield clear so you can see in the rain.
    And yes I guess I'm a little OCD also got to have things just so

Wondrous well IDK I have been told I'm full of useless information especially when playing trivial pursuit
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wondrous well IDK I have been told I'm full of useless information especially when playing trivial pursuit [/quote]

But do you play genious edition trivial pursuit? Just kidding, I am still on the kid's version! I actually have always bought the GM stock replacement wipers, the aftermarket one's never clean right for me. My mom bought a set of Bosch Ion for her Aveo and they are awesome, I think I am going to get a set of those next time I need wipers.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Thanks for the review! I used to apply Rain-X to my windshield regularly, but I haven't done it in a while because it's a pain. I'll have to try that stuff, especially if it helps get rid of the bugs too.
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Wondrous well IDK I have been told I'm full of useless information especially when playing trivial pursuit
    But do you play genious edition trivial pursuit? Just kidding, I am still on the kid's version! I actually have always bought the GM stock replacement wipers, the aftermarket one's never clean right for me. My mom bought a set of Bosch Ion for her Aveo and they are awesome, I think I am going to get a set of those next time I need wipers.[/QUOTE]

Shhhh that is my next post Im working on LOL really Im going to post a wiper blade poll to see what is out there there and what folks like.

Kids trivial pursuit is hard! too many pop questions for me LOL
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

Quote Originally Posted by MWright936 View Post
    Thanks for the review! I used to apply Rain-X to my windshield regularly, but I haven't done it in a while because it's a pain. I'll have to try that stuff, especially if it helps get rid of the bugs too.
    Couple of things I noticed vs the regular rain-x the spray on doesn't last as long so if it doesn't seem to be working give it fresh shot and its good to go, bugs it works better when they are fresh but it does better than blue on the old ones.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

I have been using that stuff for about 5 years now and it works great! Living in florida you get a lot of rain and love bugs. There are times I don't even have to use my wipers because I can see better without them. It also works good for getting the bug guts of the glass.

I to would like to say that I use this product and it will work very well over the blue stuff. I concur with the positive remarks about Rain X. It’s easy to use and very cheap, with the cost over the blue stuff being about a buck. The difference is worth the upgrade. Try it and see the clear results for yourself.
    Stupid Bikers don't last long,natural selection at work.
    Mod's;
    1. Drop in air filter K&N.
    2. Added Nerf/step bars.
    3. Putco jet yellow fog light bulbs.
    4. Rough Country leveling kit.
    5. Added a Bull bar and lights. Since removed due to a deer hit.
    6. Added rear fender liners.
    7. Put a camper top on the back.
    8. Added a RanchHand brush gaurd and tractor lights.
    9. Added an Airaid Modular Intake Tube.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have used the Pick Rain X here in the North East this past winter... No problems. We had heavy snow and some Big rains and the water beaded (is this a word?) off at 30+MPH.. At 60 I don't have to use the wipers.

1 thing I have found with Rain X. When it drys out or has not been reapplied it will streak the windshield..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast