GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default CAI voids warrenty

My 04 Z71 is getting a new tranny. The dealer says they won't guarantee the tranny unless I take off the K&N CAI and put the stock system back on. I guess I'm lucky I still have it all.

Legend

What a bunch of BS, maybe they dont realize the CAI goes to the engine, and the 5hp it gives you isnt gonna put the tranny over the top. Anything to get out of a warranty I guess.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yep I used to have to take mine off for warranty work, they just want to give you a good hassle that's all. I guess your just lucky that they didn't void your warranty because of that intake, because some dealers are super strict about upgrades on the engine no matter how small the inconvenience.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

That is BS! They can't (by law) void you warranty for an air intake. This is what the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act wad addopted into law in the 70's for.
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Ex. Cab, Fire Red, 6.6L Duramax LMM Equipped with UTG Rocker Pods

AMSOIL is the only oil company that...,"Recommends 25,000 mile oil changes","Gives up to four times better wear protection","Warranties your engine against oil related failure"

Preferred Customers Save up to 30% Click here!!!
    Executive Direct Jobber ZO# 1695636
    Scott Douglass 248-721-1002
    Order online:
    www.1st-synthetics.com

Jr. Apprentice

Yea its BS. After checking at K&N and others it seems almost all contamination of Maff sensors is from thier own silicone. I might put it back to stock for a bit so they don't hassle me. And as said there is the Warranty Act.

Blog Entries

With dealerships hurting these days you can be sure they are gonna try to take everyone for a ride. What a big pile of .....

You should print up the warrranty act and hand them a copy right after they finish the job, then put your intake on in the parking lot.
    BRYAN

"IF YOU DON'T TREAT IT LIKE A TRUCK IT'S JUST A REALLY BIG CAR"

02' Avalanche 2500 Onyx Black
    8.1L Vortec
    43,000 miles

Dont settle for that answer, tell them you want to discuss the Magnussen Moss warranty act and if they refuse warranty for the replacement trans your ready to take it to arbitration. An aftermarket CAI would not make the transmission fail. Their fishing for a way to dodge their responsability. If They can prove the CAI causes early trans failure why are they replacing the trans now.

Google "Magnussen Moss Warranty Act" Theres a couple good sites that give you step by step procedures on the actions you need to take for situations like this.

total bs...
    2000 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab 5.3L

Jr. Apprentice

The warranty I bought with the truck 3 yrs ago is paying for the new tranny. The dealership says they won't guarantee the new one with the CAI.
    They called and said the new one isn't shifting right and are blaming the CAI so I'm taking the stock stuff to them tomorrow.
    I think the computer or whatever made the first one fail is still screwed up.
    I am already talking to K&N and we will see if they can set the dealer straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by