GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default RCrocs rock crawl competition

A few weeks ago I went to Rausch Creek ORP (in Tremont, PA) for their annual RCrocs competition. This is the second year they have done it and it has gotten very popular in just a few years and will continue to grow. I went with my offroad club and watched the competition on saturday and we wheeled sunday. What is great about it is that they have 4 classes, so whether you are running a custom rock buggy or a lightly built wrangler, you can run the competition. I thought you guys would like to see this as it is insane!!

PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

This is actually a guy in my club who is running it this year. he did pretty well his first time out

and here is some of my Jeep from the weekend

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wow those rock walls are crazy, we have been down to Chilicothe Ohio to watch the mud runs but they don't have any rocks to climb though. I was going to buy a Jeep for that reason exactly, they pretty much go anywhere you want them to go. Does your cherokee do okay off-road, since it seems a little lower to the ground than the other one's? I was looking at a commander that had a 3" lift and some big tires, but It looked like it would be really close to rubbing the fenders. Great pictures BTW, thanks for posting them for us to see.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

Your buddies XJ has to much glass in it, I'm sure that'll change by the end of the season.

thats awsome. i love watching rock crawling on tv.
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 97,000 - totaled, RIP
    2006 Silverado Z71 - 122,000 (K&N 77 Series CAI, PowerAid TBS, Magnaflow dual rear exit, 33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, Tuff Country Torsion Keys, Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs)
    1966 C10 swb stepside (Gen I 350, Turbo 400 trans, dual cyl power brakes, front discs)
    I'll keep my money, guns, and freedom. You keep the Change.

where ever the pipeline takes me in canada
    Blog Entries

so whant to try that one day looks like fun. all we got is the mud boug pit witch is a lot of fun as whail.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Your buddies XJ has to much glass in it, I'm sure that'll change by the end of the season.
    he actually used to DD it like that until he got a another DD. he drove that cherokee to and from the competition as well. every time we have a run at Rausch he drives it there and he is from Rhode Island.

and amy that doesnt sound to bad of a set up. although it is a commander so it is IFS front. If you are looking for a decent trail rig find a cheap cherokee and get a 3" lift for it, cut the fenders, and throw 33's under it and lock one or both axles. Mine is a 3" lift on 31's with a locker in the rear and it does ok, but im upgrading to a 4.5" lift, 4.56 gears, and 33's this summer. And if you are worried about rubbing the fenders than you are in the wrong sport either way find something that is a solid front axle. if you need any help about cherokee's or building one ask me any questions you may have