GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Some Changes

Quote Originally Posted by zubbiez View Post
    your truck looks really good, they say imitation is the best form of flatery and since I already copied your cassette cubby, I was wondering what modifications you had to make to your wiring for your taillights. I just ordered an 03 set for my truck and want to make sure I have everything I need when they get here thanks for the help in advance.
    Thank you,That means a lot to me,As everyone knows it take Alot of Time,Work and $$$$.For the 03' and up Taillights,there is one more light bulb down at the bottom. Because of this there are 2 ways to fix that small problem.The 1st is to buy the wiring harness for the 03' taillights,you can pick them up off of E-bay or The dealership.Or 2nd is to hard wire,for the extra bulb.For me I bought the harness from the dealer.The cost was about $14.00 per side.The price may be higher.Then all you have to do is unplug your harness and plug in the new ones.It took me all of 5 mins. per side and I was Done.But if you do the hard wire for the extra Bulb let me know I have a link that shows how to do it,step by step.Hope this helps you out.Let me know.Later Be Safe.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-03-2009 at 05:14 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Default thanks for the info

Im probably going to just get the harness but could you put the link up for the hard wiring, just so I can study my options
    2000 Silverado Z71 Whipple Supercharger, JBA Headers,3" cat back Flowmaster Exhaust, Volant cai, Pioneer Preimer deck,Orion subwoofer,03 signal light mirrors,03 taililghts

Im probably going to just get the harness but could you put the link up for the hard wiring, just so I can study my options
    Here you go,
    http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...llight+harness

Default Thanks Again

wow I say thanks to you alot. I went to the link you posted and ended going with it I had every thing needed to do the install stashed in the garage and was to impatient to wait for the parts. it looks and works great. im pretty happy with it

wow I say thanks to you alot. I went to the link you posted and ended going with it I had every thing needed to do the install stashed in the garage and was to impatient to wait for the parts. it looks and works great. im pretty happy with it
    Thats Great,Glad that I was able to help you out. ,Do you have any pics of your New Tails?

Default Pictures of 03 taillights

heres some pics, my camera skills are about equal to my 8 year olds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tailights 001.jpg   tailights 002.jpg   tailights 003.jpg  

you did an awesome jobn on building your truck. i dont really like lower vehichles but your makes me think about building me one. very clean job. keep up the good work.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

nice and Clean

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mike you've only been on this site for a couple of months, and your already corrupting people!

Zubbiez your tail lights look real good, now your truck looks like a newer model from the back. I think that's neat when you can swap out different vehicle parts, that were never supposed to be on there in the first place and make them fit perfectly. Great job you guys, and I bet we will be seeing more people doing this mod and maybe upgrading to the NBS LED tail lights as well.
    2004 Chevy Colorado
    LS1 5.7 swap/TBSS rear axle swap

heres some pics, my camera skills are about equal to my 8 year olds
    Looks Great ....Nice Job!!