GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default I walked away from the Suburban

I was supposed to go see it tomorrow. Its about an 80 mile drive one way to go see it.. It seemed like each time the guy and I talked there was just one more thing wrong with it, then another, then another. I was thinking about it earlier, and just decided to pass on it. I am a little bummed, but something just doesnt feel right about it anymore. There is the perfect older burban out there waiting for me... *sigh lol

Sorry to here that. Sure there is some out there. I saw a 2wd for $1800 that was in decent shape but I wanted 4wd. It is alittle far for you to drive to the east to get a vehicle. I haven't got mine yet but can't wait, one more week. all I have is pictures and drove it once.

B. :glasses:

1989 V1500 Suburban
    2001 Olds Silouette
    1999 chevy malibu
    1990 F**d E150 van
    2007 30ft gulfstream travel trailer

Yeah, I am not a 2wd kinda girl. I like lifted 4wd's....

I know shes out there.. Waiting for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bcoffman View Post
    Sorry to here that. Sure there is some out there. I saw a 2wd for $1800 that was in decent shape but I wanted 4wd. It is alittle far for you to drive to the east to get a vehicle. I haven't got mine yet but can't wait, one more week. all I have is pictures and drove it once.

Legend

Blog Entries

This was the potential suburban you were going to buy, right? '85 or something..?..
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

89... Little things here and there, I knew that before going to see it. Today when I called to confirm for tomorrow, he said I couldnt drive it home. The U joint(s) were going out, and there was a large crack in the back door glass. It was just too much for me. For 5 hundred more, I could find one a few years newer, or atleast with less problems. Ive got nothing but time. They are going cheap now, and will probably be even cheaper as time goes..

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    This was the potential suburban you were going to buy, right? '85 or something..?..

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, sounds like you've got the right attitude - there's always another one! Good luck on the future purchase and I hope this doesn't cause you to not visit us here!

I miss having a Burban! With the kids and all the stuff we haul around, we REALLY need the room. Maybe I'll start thinking about a 4wd Suburban project...

Good luck with your search, with gas prices down they're selling again and the prices have gone back up.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Jr. Mechanic

The same thing happened to m ewith a 99 burb that was about 6 hrs. away. The more I talked to the guy the longer the story got...had a bad feeling and being a PI, its usually right.

So we walked away from the $5500 '99 and then found the '90 4x4 for $2000 and couldnt be more happy.

BTW, when I was searching for ours, I saw a lot of that year model over your way in Cali and Arizona...

Good luck
    Semper Fi :fighting0037:

1990 1500 Suburban 6.2L Diesel 4x4

Legend

Probably the right decision, I would stay with the 89-91s though, I wish I could have found a good one up here in MN when i bought my 99, they are so easy to lift, and while I do like the leather and heated seats it would be nice to have something I dont have to worry about my two dogs destroying.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Sorry about that Lisa, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for you sound like you are a patient gal!
    Adam

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by