GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Legend

Blog Entries

Default Finally an install! - Pictures of Ultimate Truck Gears Rocker Pods on a 1999 Suburban

Well, not much time to do a write up right now and I've not even had time to take some great pictures of the Suburban with the new Rocker Pods installed, but I've had too many inquires about how it looks to now put pictures. My PM inbox is getting too full too quick to not post pictures sooner rather than later!

Here are some preliminary pictures of how the Sarge looks right now with the new push bumper, the new lights, and brand-spankin' new Rocker Pods!!

If you would like to comment, please do so and feel free to be brutally honest! If you'd rather PM your thoughts, then please go ahead and do so!

I'll take some better pictures and give an explanation of the install and how everything went in the next few days if I can!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

The look of that Suburban is out of this world,nice job.
    01 Silverado Ext
    4x4
    pewter
    billet grille
    step bars

Well, honestly Steven.......it looks awesome!!!!! The Sarge looks like a beast! You definitely have a one of a kind suburban!
    Matt
    Hallsville, TX

2005 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 5.3L 2WD
    K&N FIPK II
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hypertech Max Energy Programmer
    Suspension Leveling Kit
    Putco Element Window Visors
    Carriage Works Billet Grille
    TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover

Master Mechanic

looks like it kills your ground clearance..but..overall...it does look BAD A**!!!
    -Dylan
    2004 Silverado 4x4
    4.8L
    1986 K5 Blazer
    8" Superlift w/39.5 super swampers
    1992 GMC Jimmy "Blue Bomber"
    4.3L Vortec

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redneckarmyMP View Post
    looks like it kills your ground clearance..but..overall...it does look BAD A**!!!

That is a very good point but when all is said and done it actually doesn't really affect ground clearance. More on that later when I get to posting about the install and how everything works. I know there are quite a few folks that are worried about loss of ground clearance.

Thanks!

Looks good. Just as I expected it to. Now, to get a pair for my Suburban. It'll be interesting considering I have the old 80s bodystyle. Congrats and looking good. I look forward to reading how to install those huge bad-boys!
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Blog Entries

Makes the Sarge look just that much meaner Steven!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Well, I have seen it up close and in person and I must tell you for the first time install I believe it looks very well done. The 2" gap you refer to is not that noticable when you see the tread plate shine off the lower part of the paint on the truck, you really don't notice, As mentioned, you could fill that gap with some sort of rubber flap which was thought of by Steve's wife, which is a excellent idea. With a 1" rise and 1" flap,you could compromise, remember, women will get out of the truck and if it 's right on the rocker panel they may catch the heel, same with a rugged work boot. This would also allow for some play room for movement if it goes offroad for adventure.Just a thought?
    The other thing was mentioned by Steve was the mounts for the body and frame, which I think that Doberman has that figured out with his brainstorming with Steve. But they are a handsome addition to his truck, looks as though they will take a beating and come back for more and very well built. So in closing I want to thank the owner of the truck for coming to Florida to get my opinion, LOL. Had a great time with him and his wife........

Jeff and Donna
    JMoney02

Was just wondering where you picked up the whole front end setup you got going on? the headlights the side replacements and the grille?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes Follow View Post
    Was just wondering where you picked up the whole front end setup you got going on? the headlights the side replacements and the grille?
    I'm gonna warn you that @Springthing hasn't been on for a while, but you might get lucky if you try to PM him. I'll try and look around his posts for you to see if he posted a link for his lights.

I have checked around his posts and he didn't post up much about his front end conversion. I think it is called a Range Rover conversion. I can't find where he got the parts and such but you should be able to find kits online.
    Last edited by Conlan Rose; 11-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by