GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default need help how to lift rear 2in

my 2005 silverado sits about 1 1/2in lower in the back compared to the front. I already have a 4in lift block, 2in lift block, and a add-a-leaf on the rear. I am trying to figure out the easiest and cheapest way to get the truck to sit level or even a little taller in the rear. I was considering adding another add-a-leaf but will it actually lift it 1 1/2 - 2in like it says since it already has an add-a-leaf on it? Thanks for the help guys.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery

I would have suggested an add-a-leaf but since it already has one I would have to do some research. I'm guessing probably some lifting blocks. I'll get back to you.

-Greg

The fool learns not from the wise man, but the wise man from the fool.

2004 Silverado 4x4 (Suzie)
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift
    35" NITTO Terra Grapplers
    18" MB Wheels Predators
    Thrush Turbo Series Mufflers
    on true dual exhaust
    Grille by Option Racing

1952 3600
    Finally getting torn down to the frame.

Lower the T-Bars in the front to level it? With that much lift, you can lose an inch or so and still be fine.
    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 in Black

6" BDS Suspension Lift | 3" BDS Body Lift |17" Rock Crawler Stellies | 35" Cooper STTs | 4.56 Yukon Gears | AirAid CAI and TBS | Flowmaster 40s | HyperPAC Programmer

2001 TJ Sahara in Sienna

3.5" RE Suspension Lift | 33x12.50 Baja MTZs | D30/44 | ROKMEN Merc Front Bumper | Warn Rockcrawler Rear w/ Carrier | Warn M8000 Winch

This might not be the cheapest way, but it will definitely be the safest. With 6 inches of lift blocks you are certainly going to experience some serious axle wrap issues especially under an extreme braking condition. This was a problem for me with an old Dodge pickup I had (1985) I had a 4 inch Rancho kit on it which consisted of new front leaves and a 4 inch block which had to be stacked on the existing 2 inch block for the rear. The result being on several occasions whenever I locked the brakes the rear springs would wrap into an "S" and it would invariably pull the rear drive shaft right out of the slip yoke! To correct this I took the truck to a local spring shop and had them re-arch and add leaves to give me 6 inches of lift with just the stock 2 inch block and toss the 4 inch block in the trash! they added a leaf to the front Rancho leaves and also found me a longer slip yoke, axle wrap cured! it's up to you but I would consider this option because riding around on 6 inches of stacked blocks is not safe in my opinion, just my 2 cents.
    Adam

I agree that stacked blocks is not the best. You need a set of springs that will give you 4-6 inches of lift without blocks. I would think you could order them from Pro-Comp or any other lift company. Then maybe a 2-4 inch block to level out.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.